I’ve been asked to do this post by multiple people, I’m just sorry it took me so long.
Warning: I am not a good food photographer. In fact, I kinda suck at it! I just don’t have the time or the patience (I’m super impatient!) to stage and snap pretty shots. So if you’re weirded out by food or whatever, skip it. If you wanted to know what Lexi eats on a weekly basis, read on.
Previous posts on food:
Please note that these photos were taken when Lexi was about 18 months and that the foods she eats vary greatly by season and preferences. We tend to cook our favorites and then forget about them for a while, so things might be different at the moment, but it will give you a good idea of what our meals might look like. All of these photos were taken in the same week, if I am not mistaken.However sometimes I forgot to take a picture, so it might not be ALL she ate that day. And finally, when my mom visits, she cooks so at that time Lexi eats differently from what you see here.
- Orange, strawberry, cherries and blueberries
- Whole grain pasta with sauteed tomatoes
- Whole grain pasta with sardines and green olives
- Toddler Vegetable Soup
- Eggs, Banana, Raspberries, Orange
- Black Beans, Brocolli, Green Peas and Corn
- Roasted potatoes with mushrooms and herbs
- Peaches, Green Peas.
- Butternut Squash Chickpea Stew
- Quinoa, green peas, steamed potatoes, hake (fish)
Apparently, then I got sick of taking pics of every little thing she ate, so here is the overview of the last 3 days.
Days 5, 6, 7:
- Toddler soup (with the addition of peas)
- Quinoa with sardines and green peas
- Quinoa with eggs, green peas and potatoes
- Whole grain pasta with peas
- Whole grain pasta in broccoli, tomatoes, green pea sauce
- Broccoli, egg, potato salad (just these three ingredients chopped and mixed together with olive oil. Really tasty and Lexi loved it) and strawberries
- Not Shown: pasta with tomato and egg sauce (I blended lightly sauteed tomatoes with eggs and spiced it with pepper and herbs)
So as you can see, the clear favorites here are peas, eggs and whole grain pasta. She also loves fish but I refrain from making it every day for mercury concerns, even though the fish we eat is very low in mercury.