We arrived at the airport and were met by our driver who would take us to the resort about 2 hours away from Liberia Airport. The area we were going to be staying in is called Guanacaste region and is more remote but insanely beautiful and is known for its beaches, surfing and sportsfishing. On our 2 our road trip, we stared out of the window and counted monkeys we saw on the way, played on the Ipad and even napped. It went really smoothly.
WHAT WE DID AT DREAMS LAS MAREAS
- Swam. A lot. In every pool. Every day. Went down the waterslide, enjoyed the infinity pool with an ocean view and a beach style entry.
2. Ate a lot of fruit. With unlimited food and drinks, there were plates and plates of fruit that we consumed. Every room service order – fruit!
3. Laughed a lot! There was so much laughter and days filled with exploration. Looking at photos of glowing Lexi with a big grin of her face makes me want to return there as soon as possible.!slideshow_deploy!
4. Spent a lot of time at the beach. The beach at Dreams Las Mareas is so calm and shallow, it was ideal for children. I could sit by water and let her play all around in her Konfidence jacket without being worried about waves or depth.
5. Kid’s Club – this was her first experience at a hotel’s kid’s Club. It was so cute watching her wave bye bye and go in excitedly. It gave me enough time to get my spa treatment and the hydrotherapy and relax.
6. I went ZIPLINING through the forest. For the first time, Lexi stayed with a resort’s babysitter and I went on my own adventure, ziplining through the woods. We had so much fun. I got to learn all kinds of tricks: superman, spiderman and enjoyed a little hike. CLICK PLAY!
7. Experienced ocean kayaking in the calmer waters of the bay. This was a lot of fun and challenging due to the wind, but Lexi thought it was a blast and like a “rollercoaster” whenever wind would blow.
WHY I WANT TO GO BACK
Watch our short video from Costa Rica: