This week ( read: yesterday) I finally got enough time between everything that I am doing to participate in one of Ashley's weekly challenges. The prompts were: Texture, Fog, Button, Beverage, Seventeens. Really ordinary subjects and really challenging at the same time unless you're content with simply taking a picture of the named items. Of course I am not. There is nothing more boring to me than shooting an item. Just an item without a cool angle, or interesting framing, or great outside-the-box idea.
So this week I decided to do a self-portrait twist on all of the prompts. Seeing as I am currently working on a challenge of my own that is going to be centered on taking self-portraits and will be hosting it on a new photography focused blog ( coming soon). That means that soon I will have two blogs, a personal one where I journal all my thoughts, events and our baby journey, and a photo blog where I will host challenges, participate in photo linkys and post anything and everything photography related.
So without further edo, i present to you the self-portrait version of this week's Scavenger Hunt items ( all photos taken by me and have me in them)
1. TEXTURE This was probably the most difficult to come up with, since texture is not something that you can turn into a creative selfie, unless you simply want to use texture in the post processing which seemed too easy. Our driveway has the most amazing (sometimes mildew covered ) texture, worked perfectly. Linking up with Shadow Shot Sunday
2. FOG When I saw this item , I thought how on earth are we expected to take a picture of fog. First, I don't get up nearly early enough; secondly, I live in Florida ( i don't think I've seen much fog over the years, but that could be due to me being a late sleeper). So as I was standing in the shower contemplating this week's items and how to take them, I saw fog enveloping me ( SCORE!). I ran out naked, cold and dripping, grabbed my camera and jumped back in. The sun shining through the window across from me and the steam rising from the hot shower were PERFECT. I did have to wipe the lens after every shot, but eventually I got enough to pick a winner.
3. BUTTON Again, a seemingly boring subject. I had to spice it up. I remembered my favorite magnet was stashed away somewhere in the guest room ( our fridge is stainless steel and doesn't hold magnets)- the PANIC BUTTON! I wish the picture could produce the sound that button makes when pressed.
4. BEVERAGE I refused to take a picture of a beverage on its own. No! When I was over at my neighbor's house I saw a pack of Kool-Aid sitting there and remembered reading somewhere that you can clean toilets with Kool-Aid. I don't drink anything that is not natural ( my drink of choice is water, or tea), so I thought I'd be funny to document the horrible contents of Kool-Aid drink. You can see our tongues really show how "organic and natural" it is. NOT! What won't I sacrifice for photography? Even my health. LOL
5. SEVENTIES This was easy! I dug into my archive! About a year ago i did a shot that I named Flower Power. It doesn't get more 70s than this.
And that's it for today! Looking forward to the next one, where I will hopefully see you on my new photography oriented blog.
Please don't forget to VOTE daily!