I am totally behind on posting our weeks. Whenever I travel even for a day, it screws up my posting schedule big time, because there is usually a lot of work I am trying to catch up on otherwise. But I am back and no more travel for a whole week (whoo-hoo!). Then we are once again going away for a while, but I am hoping to steal those naps and evenings to post and work.
WEEK 6 – egg painting
So last week I was supposed to post about the Egg Dying that almost occurred. Except for, instead of egg dying, we decided to do some EGG PAINTING. Lexi loves painting outside, so after our Easter activities out on the town, we came to our house with Alexa (Lexitwin) and had an egg painting session.
The girls took to it immediately and had a lot of fun, as evidenced by the fact that they were busy and quiet for probably a good hour, while we hung out and took pictures.
A few times Lexi dropped an egg on the floor and it would crack, so she would frown and walk up to it and go “Oh-oh! Egg broke“, and stand there “upset” for a little bit. Then she decided to see what would happen if she stepped on it and continued going “Oh-oh!” (picture below).
I always find it interesting how when she spills or drops something, she then has to see what happens if she spills/drops the rest of whatever she is holding. I even have a video I posted on Instagram a while ago when she accidentally spills some milk while cheering and then flips the cup over completely as if “well, now that it’s spilled, I might as well dump the whole thing on myself”.
After this activity, I have to say that for this age group, I like the idea of painting eggs much more than dyeing eggs, since it’s a more of a hands on activity.
Next week (which is this week really), I am hoping to do one of these:
gather shells, go to a train museum, go on a family bike ride through the woods, pick fruit at a farm.
We’ll see what will actually happen.
This week’s post is coming up later in the week and Lexi RODE A ROLLERCOASTER!!!! There is even a video of how awesomely terrifying it was 🙂
HERE IS OUR LIST (PRINTABLE VERSION OF BOTH LISTS)
- Backwards Day
(Daniel Tiger episode tie in, Backwards Day book tie in)
- Ride a pony/horse
(Berenstain bears book tie-in)
- Go to the airport and watch the planes land.
(Curious George episode tie-in, Curious George book)
Go to a music shop and explore the instruments
(Daniel Tiger episode tie in)
Go to a train museumSEE OUR WEEK HERE Jump in Puddles (Weather contingent) (Hello, Fiends book)SEE OUR WEEK HERE
- Feed ducks at the park (Curious George book)
- Dance in the rain (Weather contingent) (Olivia book )
Plant something from seed and watch it grow OR plant a garden
(Curious George episode tie in, Little Critter book, Curious George book)
- Climb a tree
- Gather shells (Berenstain Bears book)
- Ride a trolley (Daniel Tiger themed)
- Go to the lake to look for tadpoles
(Curious George episode tie-in, Curious George book tie in)
Go on a scavenger hunt in the woods
(Curious George episode tie in, another Curious George episode tie-in Berenstain bears: nature’s guide (this is a great book for a scavenger hunt and it rhymes)
Fly a kiteSEE OUR WEEK HERE
(a great rhyming Berenstain bears book, Curious George episode, Little Critter book)
- Roast marshmallows by the fire
(OLIVIA tie in)
- Play in the snow (Location contingent)
- Go to an aquarium
(Berenstain Bears book, Little Critter book, Curious George book)
- Have a picnic – complete with basket and red checkered blanket. (Berenstain Bears book – another great funny rhyming book)
- Lay out and look at stars (Curious George episode tie-in)
- Go camping unplugged (phones turned off)
(Daniel Tiger episode tie in, Curious George episode tie in, Little Critter book tie in, Curious George book tie-in, OLIVIA book tie in other camping books)
- First movie theater movie (Curious George book)
- Go to a petting zoo!
- Listen to a thunderstorm (Weather contingent.)
(Daniel Tiger Episode tie in, Little Critter book tie in)
Have a Family Movie Night with snacksSEE OUR WEEK HERE
- Run around the grass in a park, barefoot, as a family
Pick fruit at a farmSEE OUR WEEK HERE
(Daniel Tiger episode , Curious George book)
Make Snow/Sand Angels
- Make pinecone and peanut butter bird feeders and hang them in the yard
(Curious George tie-in)
Draw with chalk on the driveway/sidewalk
- paddle a canoe down the river
(Curious George episode tie-in)
- visit a tidepool (Weather contingent)
Egg Dying(Curious George book)
- Go to see a boat show (at Christmas)
- Go on a sunset cruise on a boat
(Curious George episode tie in)
Make giant bubbles in the yardSEE OUR WEEK HERE go to a waterpark
- go to Botanical gardens
- Go bowling
(Curious George episode , Curious George book)
Jump on the bed/couch/furniture together (5 Little Monkeys book)SEE OUR WEEK HERE
- Get long newsprint/butcher’s paper and trace/color your hands, feet and bodies!
- Make cookies together
- Play Hide and Seek
Build a fort out of blankets and pillows (The Fort that Jack Built book)SEE OUR WEEK HERE Go to the Zoo
(Curious George episode, Curious George book)
- Go on a family bike ride through the woods
- Make newspaper planes
- Get a few giant cardboard boxes play pretend with them!
- play tennis
- play miniature golf
(Curious George book)
Ride a roller coasterSEE OUR WEEK HERE
(Curious George episode , Curious George book)
Ride a train
(Berenstain Bears book tie-in)