Ah! We are here! I am so excited to be posting our first week of the 52 Toddler Experiences Scavenger Hunt.
This week we took on an easy one that could be done with no preparations and spur of the moment. A good start to get into the swing of things.
IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!
I was honestly surprised that such a simple activity as jumping on the couches would be so interesting.
To see all our experiences, click here
Once I started jumping around like an idiot, she started getting the idea how it could possibly be something she might interested in. Here is what followed:
I have to admit I had just as much fun! Jumping onto the pillows, showing Lexi “how it’s done”, dancing around to “Mousercise” and laughing at each other. A couple times Lexi looked with awe and laughed as I was making really high jumps, attempting to fall into the pillow like mommy. Once we got going, Lexi didn’t want to stop- we were jumping and running so hard that both of us were out of breath and completely wet by the time we were done.
Oh and at some point, I had a thought:”What happens if I videotape this for a minute?”. I am glad I did because looking at the footage, I think I might do this for most of our experiences that involve active things like that. I must have watched this video a million times- Lexi is just too cute. I cannot imagine how amazing it will be to have a few of these videos to put together at the end of the project and then watch it with her reminiscing about all that we’ve experienced. This is such a cute age, and I have been complain to my husband that I never get to videotape her cuteness, so this might be the solution. I never want to forget just how adorable she was at 2!
If you participated during Week #1, enter your photo/post link below in the linky tool for others to see:
‘); // ]]>
Our next week will be one of theses: Trolley Ride, Gather Shells or Go to the Zoo
More on this project and to join, click here!
HERE IS OUR LIST (PRINTABLE VERSION OF BOTH LISTS)
- Backwards Day
(Daniel Tiger episode tie in, Backwards Day book tie in)
- Ride a pony/horse
(Berenstain bears book tie-in)
- Go to the airport and watch the planes land.
(Curious George episode tie-in, Curious George book)
Go to a music shop and explore the instruments
(Daniel Tiger episode tie in)
Go to a train museumSEE OUR WEEK HERE Jump in Puddles (Weather contingent) (Hello, Fiends book)SEE OUR WEEK HERE
- Feed ducks at the park (Curious George book)
- Dance in the rain (Weather contingent) (Olivia book )
Plant something from seed and watch it grow OR plant a garden
(Curious George episode tie in, Little Critter book, Curious George book)
- Climb a tree
- Gather shells (Berenstain Bears book)
- Ride a trolley (Daniel Tiger themed)
- Go to the lake to look for tadpoles
(Curious George episode tie-in, Curious George book tie in)
Go on a scavenger hunt in the woods
(Curious George episode tie in, another Curious George episode tie-in Berenstain bears: nature’s guide (this is a great book for a scavenger hunt and it rhymes)
Fly a kiteSEE OUR WEEK HERE
(a great rhyming Berenstain bears book, Curious George episode, Little Critter book)
- Roast marshmallows by the fire
(OLIVIA tie in)
- Play in the snow (Location contingent)
- Go to an aquarium
(Berenstain Bears book, Little Critter book, Curious George book)
- Have a picnic – complete with basket and red checkered blanket. (Berenstain Bears book – another great funny rhyming book)
- Lay out and look at stars (Curious George episode tie-in)
- Go camping unplugged (phones turned off)
(Daniel Tiger episode tie in, Curious George episode tie in, Little Critter book tie in, Curious George book tie-in, OLIVIA book tie in other camping books)
- First movie theater movie (Curious George book)
- Go to a petting zoo!
- Listen to a thunderstorm (Weather contingent.)
(Daniel Tiger Episode tie in, Little Critter book tie in)
Have a Family Movie Night with snacksSEE OUR WEEK HERE
- Run around the grass in a park, barefoot, as a family
Pick fruit at a farmSEE OUR WEEK HERE
(Daniel Tiger episode , Curious George book)
Make Snow/Sand Angels
- Make pinecone and peanut butter bird feeders and hang them in the yard
(Curious George tie-in)
Draw with chalk on the driveway/sidewalk
- paddle a canoe down the river
(Curious George episode tie-in)
- visit a tidepool (Weather contingent)
Egg Dying(Curious George book)
- Go to see a boat show (at Christmas)
- Go on a sunset cruise on a boat
(Curious George episode tie in)
Make giant bubbles in the yardSEE OUR WEEK HERE go to a waterpark
- go to Botanical gardens
- Go bowling
(Curious George episode , Curious George book)
Jump on the bed/couch/furniture together (5 Little Monkeys book)SEE OUR WEEK HERE
- Get long newsprint/butcher’s paper and trace/color your hands, feet and bodies!
- Make cookies together
- Play Hide and Seek
Build a fort out of blankets and pillows (The Fort that Jack Built book)SEE OUR WEEK HERE Go to the Zoo
(Curious George episode, Curious George book)
- Go on a family bike ride through the woods
- Make newspaper planes
- Get a few giant cardboard boxes play pretend with them!
- play tennis
- play miniature golf
(Curious George book)
Ride a roller coasterSEE OUR WEEK HERE
(Curious George episode , Curious George book)
Ride a train
(Berenstain Bears book tie-in)