Can we take a moment?

Can we take a moment and appreciate the change in these two photos, takenΒ almost precisely a year apart?

How could she be so big? How can a simple year make such a difference?

compare2 compare

Corinne
    April 24, 2014 at 9:50 AM

I can’t believe she can wear the same dress! Definitely fits her quite differently in the second picture. And her hair is really lightening up as she gets older.

April 24, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Actually half of her clothing from 1 year old still fits, because she wore 24 months sizes at that age (Like this dress). She grew length wise but slimmed down, so all t-shirts and dresses still fit. It’s quite amazing- the transformation that took place.

Corinne
        April 24, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Wow! C can’t even wear 24 mo size. The shirts and skirts/dresses ride up way too much for my liking.

April 24, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Depends on the brand. Most of the ones we have run larger. So they have been getting a lot of wear since early on. Like pop is awesome for that.

• Corinne
            April 24, 2014 at 8:32 PM

That’s fortunate! If C bends over and I see unds, it’s put away or an “only with leggings” skirt/dress, which helps extend the life of the clothing.

Mrs Loquacious
    April 24, 2014 at 3:49 PM

DD is in mostly 3T now. She is only 36″ but she is solid, leaning a bit on the round side πŸ˜‰ Not sure of her weight but her 2T pants are way too short and the shirts are too tight around the middle.

April 24, 2014 at 6:20 PM

I just put away all of her 2t pants yesterday. We do 3t in everything but dresses cuz they are usually too baggy cuz Lexi had a pretty Lean upper body. Tops can be 2 or 3 to but I buy 3t cuz they will fit longer.

Hayley
    April 24, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Her hair is so much lighter now! When did it start getting lighter? My 18 month old has similar hair to lexi’s younger photo but I think it may turn blonde like mine did as a toddler. Lexi is so pretty!

April 25, 2014 at 1:39 AM

I honestly didn’t pay attention. I didn’t even notice until you guys said smth. A big part of it is the Florida sun I bet.

Naomi
    April 25, 2014 at 1:04 AM

First off, I just want to say, I’ve enjoyed reading the posts on your site for a little while now. I have a little boy who just turned one and it’s been fun and useful to read what to expect in the future.
    I love these pictures! She lost her cute little chubby cheeks and baby chub. πŸ™‚

Erica
    April 28, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Wow! That is an amazing change. I have a 14 month old boy and I love to see the changes that take place every few weeks.

Do you miss her as a baby? Does it make you want to have another one?

April 29, 2014 at 11:16 PM

I find it amazing looking at her pictures from before a year old, but I love this age and definitely don’t miss the baby stage. It was difficult for her and hence for me. She always wanted to do more and finally she can. Right now is amazing! Challenging, tough at times but amazing πŸ™‚