If you haven't joined our 52 Weeks of Toddler/Preschooler Experiences and explored all the ways you can have fun together, check out this post and then this post.
WEEK 3 - FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT OUTDOORS!
To see all our experiences, click hereThis last week we technically completed quite a few things off the list. We went to a county fair and rode a pony and visited a petting zoo, had a picnic during the St Patrick's parade, went to the zoo, had a movie night with snacks, and almost rode a rollercoaster (yes it was a busy week), but ONLY one activity was intentional. Since the 52 weeks of experiences isn't about crossing stuff off your check list, but CREATING experiences, I do not count any of these but the movie night. The rest just happened on their own. We didn't talk about it, we didn't discuss the activity, they just kind of happened as a part of something else. I want to do all those things again focusing on that activity alone.
If you participated during Week #3, enter your photo/post link below in the linky tool for others to see:[inlinkz_linkup id=389420 mode=1]
More on this project, additional lists and to join, click here!
HERE IS OUR LIST (PRINTABLE VERSION OF BOTH LISTS)
- Backwards Day (Daniel Tiger episode tie in, Backwards Day book tie in)
- Ride a pony/horse (Berenstain bears book tie-in)
- Go to the airport and watch the planes land. (Curious George episode tie-in, Curious George book)
Go to a music shop and explore the instruments(Daniel Tiger episode tie in) Go to a train museumSEE OUR WEEK HERE Jump in Puddles (Weather contingent) (Hello, Fiends book)SEE OUR WEEK HERE
- Feed ducks at the park (Curious George book)
- Dance in the rain (Weather contingent) (Olivia book )
Plant something from seed and watch it grow OR plant a garden(Curious George episode tie in, Little Critter book, Curious George book)
- Climb a tree
- Gather shells (Berenstain Bears book)
- Ride a trolley (Daniel Tiger themed)
- Go to the lake to look for tadpoles (Curious George episode tie-in, Curious George book tie in)
Go on a scavenger hunt in the woods(Curious George episode tie in, another Curious George episode tie-in Berenstain bears: nature’s guide (this is a great book for a scavenger hunt and it rhymes) Fly a kiteSEE OUR WEEK HERE (a great rhyming Berenstain bears book, Curious George episode, Little Critter book)
- Roast marshmallows by the fire (OLIVIA tie in)
- Play in the snow (Location contingent)
- Go to an aquarium (Berenstain Bears book, Little Critter book, Curious George book)
- Have a picnic – complete with basket and red checkered blanket. (Berenstain Bears book - another great funny rhyming book)
- Lay out and look at stars (Curious George episode tie-in)
- Go camping unplugged (phones turned off) (Daniel Tiger episode tie in, Curious George episode tie in, Little Critter book tie in, Curious George book tie-in, OLIVIA book tie in other camping books)
- First movie theater movie (Curious George book)
- Go to a petting zoo!
- Listen to a thunderstorm (Weather contingent.) (Daniel Tiger Episode tie in, Little Critter book tie in)
Have a Family Movie Night with snacksSEE OUR WEEK HERE
- Run around the grass in a park, barefoot, as a family
Pick fruit at a farmSEE OUR WEEK HERE (Daniel Tiger episode , Curious George book) Make Snow/Sand Angels
- Make pinecone and peanut butter bird feeders and hang them in the yard (Curious George tie-in)
Draw with chalk on the driveway/sidewalk
- paddle a canoe down the river (Curious George episode tie-in)
- visit a tidepool (Weather contingent)
Egg Dying(Curious George book)
- Go to see a boat show (at Christmas)
- Go on a sunset cruise on a boat (Curious George episode tie in)
Make giant bubbles in the yardSEE OUR WEEK HERE go to a waterpark
- go to Botanical gardens
- Go bowling (Curious George episode , Curious George book)
Jump on the bed/couch/furniture together (5 Little Monkeys book)SEE OUR WEEK HERE
- Get long newsprint/butcher’s paper and trace/color your hands, feet and bodies!
- Make cookies together
- Play Hide and Seek
Build a fort out of blankets and pillows (The Fort that Jack Built book)SEE OUR WEEK HERE Go to the Zoo(Curious George episode, Curious George book)
- Go on a family bike ride through the woods
- Make newspaper planes
- Get a few giant cardboard boxes play pretend with them!
- play tennis
- play miniature golf (Curious George book)
Ride a roller coasterSEE OUR WEEK HERE (Curious George episode , Curious George book) Ride a train(Berenstain Bears book tie-in)