1. If you haven’t yet, join the challenge here: GET FIT and GET HEALTHY
2. Every Saturday come back to The Art of Making a Baby and ShutterMama to read the tips on how to be fitter, healthier and more confident.
3. Weekly write a post about your progress, following the questionnaire below, take a self-portrait (optional) and link up with us.
4. Don’t forget to grab the GET FIT challenge button on the sidebar and display it proudly on your blog or GET FIT post.
5. Link your post with Selfie Saturdays if you took your week’s self-portrait.
My week 3 entry
1. Height: 5’11″, weight: 133 lb
2. Your fitness challenge(s) for this week: 30 minutes of pilates every other day + 30 minutes of cardio ( rollerblading, running, swimming or treadmill) every other day. Special exercises designed for pregnancy to increase flexibility (daily) + Kegels (twice daily). A total of about an hour of physical activity a day.
3. Your health challenge(s) for this week: My eating habits are close to perfect, however I could improve on my water intake. My goal will be 8 glasses of water daily + continue eating the way I do now.
5. Failures and slip-ups: I was out of town for 3 days and wasn’t able to exercise. I did walk for 10 hours non-stop one day, so I guess that does count as a work out.
Foodwise, I did as good as one can do while eating outside of home, by buying from Whole Foods, but still not as good as i would have ate at home.
6. Weekly challenge wisdom: Don’t make excuses. Even if you’re not in a position to work out, don’t use it as a way of getting out of your work out. I could have done some exercises at my hotel room during those 3 days, but I didn’t. I regret that now.
7. Advice to fellow GET FIT members: Don’t lose sight of what’s important, which is your health, your fitness level and your lifestyle. Such things don’t only impact us, but our kids and families as well. It’s easy to get discouraged, or get tired, or lose sight of things, but you need to dig deep on keep on keeping on.
8. Self Portrait, Couple’s Valentine Day Photo:
Ah, thanks for your thoughts on the Clean Kanteen bottle! I was researching which bottles are the best to carry water in a couple of months ago and came to the conclusion Clean Kanteen offers the best choice, apparently you’ve confirmed that too 🙂
I love their limited edition bottle with the bamboo cap!