Little Sneak Peeks of Lexi’s New Room

Lexi has grown into a girl who appreciates beauty and order. That makes me happy because, for the most part, my life lacks order due to all the travel. When we are home together however, we love organizing and cleaning things up. Since moving to our new place, she has taken huge pride in her room. She periodically walks into it and makes sure that everything is nice and pretty.

I wanted to post some photos of the main elements of the room. We have since moved things around and added a lot of touches which I will take pics of, but the majority of the room design was complete with these items.

Her room is neon green and it is not something we are going to repaint at this time, so we made it work pretty well, I think, considering green (of any shade) is my least favorite color.

Regardless, she absolutely adores her room. She keeps trying to pretend to be a big girl and threatens to sleep in her room alone all night.  Never goes through with it though. Always ends up saying “No, mommy I want to sleep with you.” And to be honest, I will take it for as long as she wants that.

So back to the room, I am linking all the items seen in pictures and I will follow up shortly with some details on the additions we have made.

Lexi’s throw | Bedding | Matching Throw | Star Curtains | Shower Curtain

img_7743 img_7751    img_7777 img_7782

After we found these items, the room still looked very bare. Like this:

So we added some furniture:

Floor Lamp | Table Lamp | Desk | Hanging Shelves

img_9000

Kelly
    January 18, 2017 at 8:15 AM

Don’t you think that shower picture is a bit inappropriate for a 5 year old girl?

January 18, 2017 at 2:46 PM

Nope.
      Do you think leaving comments that have nothing to do with the post and are only meant to criticize for the sake of criticism and to bring negative attention to the non-sexual nature of the photos and post and sexualize them is ok for an adult?

Tanya
      February 8, 2017 at 4:37 PM

Kelly, there is nothing sexual about a preschoolers face peeping out of a shower curtain. The photos display how proud Lexi is of her new space. I have never found any of the photos on this blog to be inappropriate in the manner that you’re suggesting. It’s a little concerning if that is what you’re seeing in the photos. I don’t think anyone else is on that same page with you. If the photos you see often are truly concerning to you, may I ask why you continue to read the blog? It’s just odd how you say, “don’t you think” … like Elena is going to reply “oh yes, I agree”. Obviously she wouldn’t have posted the photos, if she felt that way.

Kelly
    January 18, 2017 at 3:50 PM

Actually that’s not what I was doing at all. You have to admit that many pictures you post of your 5 year old girl are a bit over the top. I just worry about all the crazy people that are out there looking at these pictures. While you may take it as criticism, I’m honestly coming from a place of concern.

January 19, 2017 at 11:09 AM

I honestly don’t think there is anything over the top about those photos. 🙂 Obviously. Otherwise I wouldn’t post them. It bothers when people needlessly sexualize children

Jan Marie Carlisle
    January 25, 2017 at 1:27 PM

I *love* white bedding! Definitely a nice way to balance out the usually busy toddler room.

Erin
    February 1, 2017 at 9:10 AM

What a cute room! Crazy how fast they grow — one day it’s diapers and breastfeeding and the next it’s bikes and big kid beds! At least that’s how it feels to me, my oldest daughter is just a few months younger than yours. I would be curious to read about your decision-making around schooling – how are you choosing amongst the options available for her, etc.?

meghan
    February 3, 2017 at 11:38 AM

What brand mattress does Lexi have?

Sweet Baby
    February 20, 2017 at 11:21 PM

Actually looking very nice Your room. It is best for a baby room that will be colorful. Every baby always like many kinds of color which help the brain development for a baby. My baby also like color like Red, Pink, Purple etc.
    Thanks for your good post.