Lexi’s 3rd Birthday Party Sneak Peek

Just a little tease of what’s to come!

IMG_0405

IMG_0413

IMG_0493

IMG_0532-2

IMG_0277IMG_0615IMG_0763

Lexi’s gorgeous golden dress is by Chasing Fireflies.

becca
    February 11, 2015 at 11:34 AM

I can’t believe she’s going to be three! I feel like I was just reading your blog from the beginning a month ago. Oh wait, I was ha! Love your blog, so much insight and good info. Can’t help but cross my fingers for lexi’s younger sibling in the near future. πŸ˜‰

Mamato2
    February 11, 2015 at 6:01 PM

Looks like it was a fun party! Can’t wait to see more. Is that your Mom in one of the pictures?

The child to Lexi’s left side (in the cake picture) is stunning…such beautiful eyes!

Rachel
    February 12, 2015 at 8:36 PM

I want a nursing update! My son weaned naturally at 3.5 πŸ™‚

February 15, 2015 at 12:38 PM

Hahaha still nursing! Weaning is probably in sight. Can you tell me how he weaned? πŸ™‚

Rachel
        February 15, 2015 at 1:35 PM

I definitely felt like the end was in sight at 3. At 2? No. Lol

He started spending the night with my mom right around 3. At this point, he was nursing at nap and night, plus once or twice during the day. It was his idea to sleep at my mom’s, not mine!

I wanted to encourage the thought of weaning without pushing him, so we talked about how he won’t always nurse forever. I also showed him pictures of him nursing as a baby and we talked about why babies nurse (nutrition and comfort) and why he still nursed (mostly comfort to go to sleep).

He began asking to spend the whole weekend with my parents and then he went on a 5-day trip with them when he was 3.5. I happened to get a cold and my supply was very low at this point. I took a decongestant right before bed when he it home and told him that I thought my milk was gone. He tried to nurse and agreed that there was no milk and that he was ready to stop nursing.

I’m glad he weaned because I got pregnant when he was on that 5 day trip!! I didn’t know it until early December when I took a test. It was all perfect timing for us! I never wanted to nurse while pregnant, but we had just started trying and I wasn’t really expecting it to happen so fast! Because he remembers nursing and how important it was to him, he has been a fantastic big brother.

Now I’m nursing my 6 month old baby girl and plan to do the same type of weaning. I say natural weaning because it wasn’t totally his decision. I encouraged him, but it was all very mutual and it felt right. I nursed until I was 4. My mom said that she did the same gentle encouragement.

March 6, 2015 at 10:59 AM

WOW! great story!!! We are headed that way. She still nurses a lot in the morning, but other than that only when she gets hurt or is tired.

elise
    February 16, 2015 at 1:28 PM

Would you mind sharing where her dress is from? I am in love with it and we have a father daughter ball coming up.