Real Life Recap – April

Since I no longer Instagram for the time being, I’ll be posting what I call “real life, real time” photos here every month. So it’s a little bit like following me on Instagram. Since I don’t carry my camera with me most of the time, this is how special and not so special moments get captured when I am not wielding that big thing.

IG

Top row: Playing violin and guitar with daddy while mommy sings. Yes, she is till obsessed with musical instruments. Her first violin post is here if interested.
Middle Row: Friends’ playdate at the pool. Lots of splashing and laughing involved. Floaty swimsuit is by Konfidence.
Bottom Row: Riding scooters together for the first time after gymnastics. Red scooter is by Micro Scooters, pink one is by YBike |  Late night dinner and ice cream with friends. Their dirty faces with attitudes are priceless.

Divider Main

IG2

Two Top Rows: Pancake Playdate with friends. In the company of 3-4 year olds, Lexi looks so small!
Bottom Row: Using a fork and a knife at a restaurant on Easter and hugging her Easter chick tightly.

Divider Main

ig3

Top Two Rows: Spending time at La Playa with family and friends:  View from our bed | Pretending to be asleep | View from our suite

Divider Main

ig5

All photos: from Orlando work trip. Resort is Marriott Grande Vista

Divider Main

ig6

Top Row: Waiting for daddy at Disney. Lexi’s peplum top is by Garnet Hill

Bottom two rows:  Our new favorite dress by Nununu Baby at the library.

Christina
    May 23, 2014 at 4:22 PM

I’m sure you read and hear this all the time but Lexi is an absolutely STUNNING young lady!

Jan
    May 23, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Nice photos! Lexi looks like she could be the same age as her two taller friends.

Was wondering if you plan on doing a post on her and your cats (pet and child safety). How does she do with the cats? Thanks!

May 23, 2014 at 5:49 PM

You know there is nothing to say. The cats stay away from her and she doesn’t bother them. She will often do cute things like give them treats or call them “Taaaaavis!!” Or laugh when they tickle her with their tails passing by but aside from that there isn’t much interaction there. 🙂

Jan
        May 23, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Oh great! It’s nice to hear they are giving each other space. 😀

Kelly Marie
    May 23, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Lovely pictures your daughter is such a mini me and gorgeous just like her mama!

Lara
    May 25, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Just wondering if the floaty suit that she’s wearing in the swimming pictures actually allows her to float unassisted?? (while supervised of course)
    We ordered the original Konfidence vest for our son who is 3 months younger than Lexi but I think it’s a bit advanced for him as we still have to do almost all of the work in keeping him floating/upright in the water. Just wondering if the floaty suit is better??

Thanks 🙂

May 26, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Yes, it definitely does. It requires decent balance and we are always by her side (it’s not the type of suit you leave them in the water in, it actually helps them learn the balance necessarily to learn how to swim), but she keep her head above water and stay semi-upright for swimming and upright for floating.
      Occasionally, she will flip with the wrong move and loses her balance, but that’s rare at this point.

I never thought about it, but it’s possible it just has to do with her acquired balance through the use of this suit. I bet if you continue using the suit, in time he will learn how to keep himself afloat. Then you slowly start taking the floaty sticks out. That’s kind of the point and the awesomeness of Konfidence.

And just to clarify, we have the vest too and it works the same way.

Lara
        May 26, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Thanks. Good to know it does get better with more practice. We’ve only used it maybe 3 times so I guess it’s still early days. I was thinking about getting him the suit but if the vest works the same way it doesn’t seem like much point.
        Thanks again 🙂