How is this even legal?

How is it possible to be this cute and to grow so fast?

This was JUST over 6 months ago. She was 18 months. What a change and what a difference!

I had completely forgotten how cute that age was.

Though it’s pretty darn cute right now with all the talking. One of the next posts is “Stuff Lexi says” which will list some of the funniest and cutest talking moments.

As a point of comparison, here is Lexi last week, doing a dance. She has learned this dance from a Curious George movie, all on her own. One day I saw her dancing and soon realized she was dancing the Christmas Monkey dance. I was floored. I guess it is time to sign her up for a dance class and let her go to town there.

It’s so much fun watching these skills develop seemingly out of nowhere.

{Do not mind my horrible singing there and shaky camera work. With so few opportunities to capture anything on video, I am saddled with a bad iPhone camera and quick shots}

Seriously, such a cute age. I have so many videos and so many more I wish I could take, but someone has camera shyness….

Kristy
    May 16, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Holy cuteness!!!

Mamma Pea
    May 16, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Oh my goodness! She has grown and changed so much! My little tiny baby is going to be 1 in a week. It’s fun watching Lexi grow, and seeing where Sweet Pea will get to next in the milestones.

Lala
    May 18, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Such a beautiful, vibrant little girl! My son is just about 10 days younger than Lexi, and I am also amazed at how quickly he is growing up. Things change daily and it just blows my mind.

On an unrelated note, would you consider a post in what it has been like to raise Lexi bilingually? I am raising my son to be bilingual and am finding it is definitely not as simple as I thought! We are doing the One Parent One Language thing…I speak Lithuanian to my son and my husband speaks English. I’d love to hear how things are going for you!

May 18, 2014 at 3:34 PM

It’s tough! Incredibly tough for me, because I’ve always been very “assimilated” into English language.
      I’m trying, but I have to say I’m not doing as good as I thought and OFTEN slip into English. At this point I probably speak 70% English, 30% Russian. I try to repeat sentences in Russian when I accidentally say them in English, but things move so fast here, because Lexi is SO fast, that I can barely keep up with her, let alone making sure that I translate things in my head into Russian and then say it that way instead of English (which is what tries to come out each time). *Sigh* It’s hard 🙁
      I’ll keep trying though.

Lala
    May 20, 2014 at 10:05 PM

It is definitely not easy! I am not having a hard time speaking only in Lithuanian to my son, as that is what came naturally to me as soon as he was born…however, despite my best efforts, the rest of his world continues to be in English, and I am finding that although he understands everything I say and has a decent vocabulary in English, he greatly prefers to say things in English, and seems to be expanding his English vocabulary more quickly. I’ve been reading up on this lately, and it is not uncommon. Clearly it’s just not as easy as I thought to raise a bilingual child! We’ll be visiting Lithuania in a few weeks and I am hoping the full immersion helps! Best of luck to you!