Rainy Day Family Photoshoot

Ok, so picture a perfect family photoshoot at a gorgeous beachside hotel?

Beautiful coral, mint and white colors, sparkling beach, tropical huts….

Perfection, right? What could be more gorgeous that a setting like that for a family photoshoot?

Ugh! Our luck ( seriously, it seems like every time we set out to go take beautiful pictures for the sake of beautiful pictures, something goes wrong!) would have it, it was THE RARE rainy day. Not the “30 minute thunderstorm and then sunny all day” like we are used to, but good ol’ Cleveland type of nasty, cold, yucky rain…. Brrrr…

We dragged our photographer/BFF, Leeka, all the way there for nothing.

We did take photos, except that we looked like wet rats with frizzy hair, but still fun to look back at. And of course her photography is absolutely beautiful!

Photos are by Magic Memory Works, edited by me.

{Lexi’s age: 22 months}

cincinnati_wedding_photographer-20

02 babies cincinnati_wedding_photographer-46 kisses

umbrella

rain

cincinnati_wedding_photographer-80 cincinnati_wedding_photographer-85

shhhhh

cincinnati_wedding_photographer-129
laplayalaplyaa

cincinnati_wedding_photographer-124stair

Verna
    February 27, 2014 at 7:35 AM

I love the one of you and Andrew looking at each other while Lexi climbs up the stairs next to you! That one is great!!

Crystal
    February 27, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Where did you get your dress? I LOVE IT! My two favorite colors!

mel
    February 27, 2014 at 1:47 PM

aaaaaaaw you and your husband look sooooo in love!!!

Bailey
    February 27, 2014 at 2:24 PM

I love the one with Lexi going up the stairs and you and your husband looking at each other

Sam
    February 27, 2014 at 4:33 PM

You guys look adorable all matching. I was kinda hoping this post would have ended with all of you guys frolicking in the rain, soaked and smiling. Haha. That would have made for some fun pictures to look back on.

Do you mind if I ask why it says these were professional photos by your friend, but then edited by you?

Is that her baby? What an adorable little thing!!

February 27, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Lol my husband would have had to have a lot to drink to agree on that. We weren’t in the best of moods anyways.

Not sure i understand your question. Are you asking why the photographer didn’t edit these? Because it takes a long time to edit photos and these were just for us, not an actual job that she had. Just a friend taking photos of our family.

S.
    February 27, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Love the pics! Is baby #2 on the way (given the shhhhs)?? 😉
    x

NS
    February 28, 2014 at 2:02 AM

Hi Elena, I am a big fan of yours and get lot of inspiration from you. Would you care to share bath/skin care routine of Alexis ? I am sure you must be extra careful picking soaps/lotions etc for Alexis :))

February 28, 2014 at 7:40 AM

It’s pretty simple NS! We use Lavanila for everything: wash, shampoo, body lotion and rash cream. 🙂 We’ve had this routine from the very beginning.

S.
    February 28, 2014 at 7:36 AM

True but could have been a pre-announcement family shoot… 😉

x

Happy Mommy
    March 10, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Maybe bad luck for the weather, yet the results are lovely. I love the interaction between you, your husband and Lexi. I feel so much love in these photos 🙂
    Carol

One Writer’s Madness: basic steps of the writing withdrawal | Annablogia
    March 22, 2014 at 11:20 PM

[…] lucky to be loved! However I am unlucky to sometimes forget it… I was going through my dear friend’s blog (as I absolutely admire her work and her lifestyle), thinking that although life is a zebra or a […]