Disney Fashions Part I

The very first post of the Disney recap and series from this year is a very visual one. It’s the very first post in part because it doesn’t require much writing, mostly photography. The other Disney posts will have to do more with tips, ideas on what to ride and what to skip if you’re visiting with a toddler, where to stay, what to take, as well as the photo recap of our annual 2 weeks at Disney.

For those new to the blog, we live three hours away and go to Disney regularly (once a month at least), but every year we also take an extended 2 week stay at Disney to enjoy the parks fully and visit all the attractions. The annual visit always falls on September, the least busy time of the year, so we get to walk onto all ride and really maximize our time there. Read about Disney Trip 2012.

A relatively big part of planning for our trip is always outfit selection. I’m not very good at styling clothes for myself, and it’s too hot in Florida to really style much for a toddler (since you cannot layer or use leggings and other accessories under skirts and dresses), but I always enjoy planning what we’d be wearing for each park and each day. And, of course, having a baby girl is absolutely amazing, because you get to dress her up even more (though I have to admit some of these brand make ADORABLE baby boy clothing, too). And if you’re not interested in clothing, at least you’ll get to enjoy beautiful photography.

disney_fashions

So I’ll section these by brands and then try to link each outfit to the right place, but many will probably be sold out since some of these are from the summer lines.

POLARN O PYRET (and Matilda Jane)

She wore a beautiful eyelet romper from Polarn O Pyret while running around the resorts, See Kai Run shoes and Sugar Baby Bow Co headband

IMG_9660

IMG_9689

polarn2

At Epcot, it was a perfect colorful outfit with a pink polka dot ruffle skirt from Polarn O Pyret, a Matilda Jane Peacock Cookie tank, a pair of sparkly rose Pediped shoes and matching dark blue Emi-Jay hairties.

IMG_8810

IMG_8827

IMG_8781

matilda polarn 2

You’ve seen this PO.P onesie before back when Lexi was just 7 months old and it’s back in a larger size because I just can’t get enough of the simple white tank top onesie. It photographs amazing especially on white hotel room beds, it is a great travel outfit because it looks clean and simple, yet cool and great for diaper changes. And doesn’t Lexi look precious in it? I guess to me it means she is still a baby if she can wear a onesie 🙂

polarn 2 polarn

RIGHT BANKS BABIES

Love love love Right Banks Babies designs. They are so perfectly special for a trip to Disney- yet comfortable and cool (unlike some hot polyester dresses or princess costumes). But I didn’t realize how amazing this Bubble Dress would be at Magic Kingdom, until I saw Lexi standing there in the middle of Main Street looking at the Castle. It’s like this ideal alternative to a princess dress without looking cheap or being hot. I’m pretty excited about all the pictures we took in that dress ( will post in later posts). Pink sandals are See Kai Run.

IMG_7402

IMG_7327  right banks 3

This outfit is a combination of a RUUM tanktop  (currently on sale for $1.99! What?) and a Right Banks Babies Skirt (can’t find the right skirt online) along with blue See Kai Run shoes. These two brands are very unlikely “partners”, because RUUM is all about affordable cute clothing and RBB is stylish and dressy, yet the shimmer in the RUUM tank went perfectly together with the shiny bubble skirt (one of my favorite pieces of Lexi’s clothing) and dressed the skirt down enough to make it wearable at the parks. (Additional colors available here)

right ruum 3 right ruum

Another favorite outfit is this coral bubble (I love bubble hems) romper from Right Banks Babies (this romper in another pattern here) coupled with See Kai Run shoes (I stock up on them on MyHabit sales) and white bow. The romper is SOOOOO comfortable and looks very girly (which many rompers do not) and has quick diaper access at the bottom.

rightbanks

Another RBB and RUUM combination worn to Universal Studios of all places. I couldn’t think of a more perfect place than Sunset Boulevard, Hollywood (Universal Studios one) to wear these gold dance shorts. And they were such a hit, people would stop and smile and tell Lexi what cute shorts she had on, dance with her and, in general, paid a lot of attention (those with kids usually asked where we bought them). Coupled with a gold and pink striped RUUM tank and white See Kai Run sandals, it was a fun and easy outfit for an evening at Universal Studios.

IMG_8104

{in the picture above, we had to hide one of our cell phones in the flowers so that I could get a cute picture of Lexi by them}

rightbanks 4

rightbanks ruum 2

RUUM

Finally RUUM standing on its own in this beautiful white dress that some of you saw and commented on on Instagram. One of the cutest white dresses I’ve ever seen, this ruffle dress is simple with a touch of dressy. Lexi is wearing it with a Hopscotch Boutique bow and black Pediped shoes.

Orlando-9237

Orlando-9282

ruum

WINTER WATER FACTORY

This is a new brand I have not really introduced here on the blog, but have been eyeing for a while. Winter Water Factory is an organic clothing brand that has absolutely mind blowing patterns. If you are into patterns in clothing, then WWF is the brand for you- patterns are their “thing”. We have two dresses from their summer collection that you can see below. The poppies grey and yellow  dress makes my heart happy! And of course, both are organic cotton sundresses which make it a perfect solution for hot summer and fall weather in Florida.

winterwater

IMG_9723

winterwater2

IMG_7823 IMG_7980

winterwater3

This is part I, which means there is a Part II. We had two weeks at Disney which means there were more cute outfits that I can fit into one post without overwhelming it. Part II is set to publish in just a few days.

K
    January 6, 2014 at 2:36 AM

Does Lexi ever wear hats when she’s outside?

Courtney
    January 6, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Love your Disney posts so much. I can’t wait to take my little one in the Spring for the first time. Your post is making me way too excited for it =)

Amanda
    January 6, 2014 at 4:46 PM

My 4.5 year old still fits her 24-month onesies, so I’m with you. Onesies forever!!!! 🙂

anna
    January 6, 2014 at 7:45 PM

She is a stunning little girl!!! 🙂

Rachel
    January 7, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Just out of curiosity, I read on your twitter/instagram/somewhere about Lexi potty-training herself. Does wearing a onesie make it harder for her to be go to the bathroom? (I know these pics might be from before she was, just wondering about the practicality of buying a onesie-type outfit for a friend’s kid, since I am not onto potty-training stages myself.)

January 7, 2014 at 10:08 AM

It really depends on what stage she is at. At this moment she still needs our help pulling down her pants so it doesn’t matter what she wears. Obviously something with easy access like crotch snaps or just pants/shorts/skirt is good but not crucial.
      Once she is at the point when she can pull down her panties, then it’s the end to onesies or any type of clothes that can’t be taken off by a toddler.

Cilla
    January 7, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Adorable pictures! I have a friend who is also obsessed with Disney. She even has custom outfits made for her kiddos to wear.

JDougie
    January 7, 2014 at 1:52 PM

The gold sequined diaper cover is really cute — I would think it’s to be worn under a dress and not alone as shorts though??

JDougie
    January 7, 2014 at 4:31 PM

How fun!!

Jenna @ Eat Drink Pretty
    January 7, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Lexi’s outfits are always so adorable. I struggle with wanting to buy everything for Juliet but not wanting to spend a ton of money on outfits she won’t wear more than a couple times. With that being said I am in the process of buying adorable items on super sale at Ruum!!! EEK!

January 7, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Yes, RUUM is AMAZING! I swear by zulily sales, though. I just wait until my favorite brands show up on it: RBB, Lourdes, etc and then buy a size bigger than I need- that way it lasts for a bit.
      I am waiting for a RUUM order to arrive and looking forward to their spring line.

angela
    January 7, 2014 at 5:38 PM

hi! i’ve followed your blog for so long, it seems…. very informative!
    your daughter has such incredible hair! what shampoo do you use on her? my daughter has incredibly sensitive skin. but i love using sweet and gentle products on her. any info is helpful!
    also, what camera/lens are you using lately? i love capturing my children and am just now getting into my dslr nikon…..
    thanks so much

Kay
    January 8, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Eee so excited for this post! We will be going to Disneyland (we’re from Cali) soon and taking our 18 month old for the first time so I can’t wait to read more about the best rides and so forth (even though I imagine some of the rides are different?). Oh and I just adorethe picture of Lexi looking into the glowing flower pot! It looked like she had just found Tinkerbell. 😉

Sarah
    January 8, 2014 at 10:24 PM

What a cutie! Hope all the modeling didnt get in the way of your fun. Although I fail to see the relevance of this post, because as you said most of the outfits are sold out, from summer.
    I wish you would go back to updating Lexi’s life/your life as a parent, you know, Letters to Lexi and such, and not so much all of the ads and links to buy stuff. I think the “normal” mom (myself included) appreciates normal day to day info, not products.
    Just my opinion.

January 8, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Thank you for your opinion! (Not being facetious)
      I do have many “mom” posts scheduled but I also love sharing photographs which is what this post is mostly. (I’m in love with all the pics from Disney)
      The links and stuff are because 1. I have to write about something, can’t be just photos lol and 2. so that I didn’t get asked a million times where I got a certain outfit. 3. To my surprise a lot of the items weren’t sold out.

TOT THURSDAY: Q&A with Elena of Daily Mom | TBG TIDBITS
    March 20, 2014 at 12:06 PM

[…] We’re obsessed with Elena’s blog posts featuring her adorable toddler Alexis — this is one of our favorites — and we were excited when she kindly agreed to answer some of our […]