Palm trees, sunshine and waves

Some days beg to be photographed. Our recent beach trip was exactly that kind of day. From the blue skies thinly veiled by see-through clouds dispersing the light in just that perfect for photography way…. to clean white sands and foamy waves and tall swaying palm trees, people playing Frisbee on the beach and kids running around screaming in joy.

It’s gotten to be a lot of fun to be at the beach with this little girl. She loves the sand and her sand toys, she adores people watching and swimming in the buoyant water, chasing seagulls and relaxing on the shore accompanied by the steady beat of a drum. She even befriended the local beach drummer and “confiscated” her drum for a few minutes.

What can I say? I am not great with words but I am good with pictures – we love living in Florida. It is everything we could ask for…

beach1

Swim Diaper: Kushies
Flowery Pants: Wheat USA
Natural long sleeved top: Neige
Bubble shorts: Neige

Jessi
    August 12, 2013 at 5:28 PM

These are adorable! I would so let Alexis run around on the beach nakey, but I’m afraid of creepers.

August 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Oh come on she is a baby. Let her experience it. There’s nothing sexual about a naked baby. Especially one running on the beach. And there’s going to be creeps and people specializing everything regardless of what you do.
      I guess I grew up in Russia where naked babies and children are a norm. They are allowed to run free like they should be. 🙂
      We even occasionally go to deserted beaches so that we all go skinny dipping. 🙂

Jessi
        August 13, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I have no problem with it and she runs around naked at home all the time, with pedofiles so rampant anymore, that’s what scares me. I’m just too paranoid 🙂

Jessi
        August 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I was molested as a kid, so it adds to the paranoia too.

August 13, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Oh Jessi! I am so sorry!!! I am sure I would be cautious too in your situation. Hope you were able to overcome it!

Stef
    August 12, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Lexi in about 10 years-

“OMG MOM! Why are my nekkid baby pics on the INTERNET?!!”

Bwahahahaha 😉

She looks like a happy beach baby. I miss the ocean so much!

August 12, 2013 at 8:16 PM

If I will have raised her right, she won’t think twice about seeing a baby or herself as a baby naked. It’s normal. It’s our body. It find it wrong to make it sexual or try to hide it especially as a baby.

HollyR
    August 12, 2013 at 9:13 PM

The pics of her in the cowboy hat are absolutely gorgeous! You really are a talented photographer, and I’m sure it helps having such an adorable “model” to photograph 🙂

Anna Kochetkova
    August 13, 2013 at 1:34 AM

You drew underwear. So cute 😀

Amie
    August 13, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I adore those last few photos with the hat!! OMG she is adorable!!

Elena C.
    August 13, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Love her emotions! Love the colors and all the fun! 🙂

Tawny
    August 13, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I love the hats pics at the end! So cute!

Kay
    August 13, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Fellow European here Elena, and I see zero issues with naked babies either. Like you say, it’s completely natural and babies and toddlers love to be able to run around without their clothes getting in the way!

As far as peodophiles are concerned, I do NOT believe that they are any more prevalent now than they ever have been. The difference is that due to media, we are much more aware of the possible threat, which is a GOOD thing, as we can be open about it. Rather than trying to keep our kids bubble-wrapped against imaginary dangers, it’s far more important to teach them what’s inappropriate and to have the confidence to report if they feel uncomfortable with an adult. Particularly as in the majority of cases, the abuser is an adult who is known to the child – NOT some random stranger on a beach.

Anyway – to lighten the mood a little! I think that outfit in the last pics may be the cutest I’ve ever seen her in. It really seems to suit her personality and it looks very relaxed chic and European!

B
      August 14, 2013 at 12:53 AM

I think the fear re: pedophiles is not that they’re necessarily MORE of them, just that everything is more ACCESSIBLE to them. Thirty years ago, one couldn’t just google ‘naked baby’ to get his or her creepy rocks off. And yeah, yeah, what you don’t know doesn’t hurt you, but did you know they actually send you a letter if your child’s picture turns up in a pedophile’s collection? That would be pretty horrifying.

That said, I agree, that last picture of Lexi in the loose shirt and hat and striped bottoms is the cutest ever! Very vintage looking!

Ana O
      September 22, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Actually I do believe there are more pedophiles in this day in age BECAUSE of media and accessibility. And yes, this is coming from a person having experienced it. So while I don’t mind seeing naked babies, it’s still in the back of my mind who else might be watching taking photos with a phone and getting off on it later.

Kat
    August 13, 2013 at 8:54 PM

These are amazing! Loved looking at them. Sooooooo pretty. What a beautiful day on the beach and you captured it perfectly.

Kelly
    August 13, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Such beautiful beautiful photos… you have really outdone yourself this time

Rj
    August 14, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Omg…I’m in love with that set of 4 hat pictures and especially #4 with Lexi looking back with her brown curls showing and her hat ….That’s the cutest thing I’ve seen in a long time. The shirt and striped bloomers..perfect for the beach!!! Where did her shirt come from?
    Coppertone baby..LOL..nekky baby bums are so natural. It’s a shame we have to even worry about it.

Camille
    August 15, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Hahah, so cute!

I don’t think my kids will care about me taking naked pics of them when they grow up either. My mom took lots of me and I don’t care now. 🙂

TurnCoat
    August 15, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Poor little left knee! Boo-boo!

Jillian @ Baby Doodah!
    August 20, 2013 at 5:32 AM

These photos are amazing, whether you’re a natural or not, you are very talented!!

Lexi is a gorgeous girl, I think my favorite is her sitting in the sand with her fresh beachy waves and white shirt. So beautiful!