Helping Daddy

How does a girly girl like Lexi likes fixing up things and helping daddy assemble toys? Wait till you see her with a toy hammer and a screwdriver pounding at our walls.

I just had to share this super cute exchange between the two of them when I asked Andrew to help me assemble our new Strider Balance Bike.

Now we just have to get her a helmet and she’s off to learn how to ride a balance bike!

Not Blogged_20130623_00001

Strider Bike
   Not Blogged_20130623_00003

Not Blogged_20130623_00004

Not Blogged_20130623_00005

Not Blogged_20130623_00006

Would you believe she actually managed to get the wrench in the hole without any help or direction. This girl knows her way around tools! 🙂

Julie
    June 27, 2013 at 12:41 PM

If you’re still looking for a helmet – we love Nutcase. http://nutcasehelmets.com/helmets/kids/

kat
    June 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM

so cute – Peanut LOVES to help with tools. She even has her very own tool set. Girls rule 😉

Jenna / Eat Drink Pretty
    June 27, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Way too cute! Nothing sweeter than daughters and their daddy. Funnily enough, my Juliet’s favorite book is about a daddy and little boy helping him build a dog house. Maybe we need to buy her a tool set?!

Mrs Loquacious
    June 27, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Already?!? Has she mastered her Smart Trike already?!

June 27, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Oh no, pedaling has nothing to do with balancing. The balance bike is to learn balance, once that’s mastered the pedaling is easy enough. We’ll probably do both at the same time. I’m not sure which ones she’ll learn first, but balance bike can be started at 18 months.

Josey
    June 27, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I love this series of pictures!

I know you’ve already bought your Strider bike, but I’d love if you shared this with your readers — http://axelproject.com/

Axel was a daycare playmate of my daughter’s, and he was sadly killed in Mexico about 4 months ago. This charity his parents have started donates a Strider bike to a child in need for every bike bought. It’s a great cause in memory of a great kid for exactly the same price as you’d buy the bike on amazon or elsewhere.

Thanks!

Krista
    June 27, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Elena–I can’t believe how much Lexi has thinned out since she started walking. Where is all that adorable chub? She’s really a toddler!

Elena C.
    June 29, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Oh she’s soooo adorable 🙂
    So focused and serious 🙂

Anushka
    July 2, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Lexi’s fine motor skills are AMAZING!!

Laura
    July 2, 2013 at 9:33 PM

My daughter has always wanted to help anytime it comes to tools, she would always amaze me at how intricate she would get and all the things she remembers from working on projects with her dad! She was never content with pretend tools she needed the real deal.

Paul Nelson
    June 28, 2015 at 9:26 AM

Wow, she looks very cute. I love these pictures, really fun when dad and daughter help each other. Very happy!