Babyhome Spotlight and a girl who apparently “likes to rock”

A few months ago, I had a talk with Babyhome representatives about trying out and writing about all Babyhome’s products. It was a big undertaking on my part, considering I couldn’t use some of them items due to Lexi’s age, but I was curious enough about it and felt like it would help broaden my “baby gear” horizon, as well as hopefully give some of my readers new ideas as to which products might work for them.

After slightly under 6 months of trying some Babyhome products and thoroughly inspecting others, I’d like to present to you this feature.

{and if you’re not in the market for a stroller, a bassinet, a high chair, a side rail or a bouncer, at least check out the video featuring adorable Alexis rocking out on each one of the aforementioned products. She found a way to have fun with them all. Wait for the last product, it was shot more recently and she’s the most adorable there, at 13.5 months}.

A little bit about babyhome:

It’s an innovative company that has been focused on creating light portable beautifully designed alternatives to  most commonly used item. Currently their product line includes:

EAT HIGH CHAIR

IMG_9265

Imagine an extremely light, aluminum frame high chair, that takes up little room and looks modern and neat in any kitchen?

EAT IS IT! It’s easily folded and stored, the seat is washable and removable. It has a 5 point harness and just a few weeks ago, Babyhome voluntary recalled all the chairs to add a free crotch restraint to them. Always trying to do what’s best. What can I say?

{re: recall, if you already own Eat chair, you simply have to write away for the free restraint. }

EMOTION STROLLER

IMG_2660

{Diaper bag by 2 Red Hens Studio. Read a review on Daily Mom}

Emotion stroller has got to be my favorite Babyhome product. If you’re looking for the most lightweight, yet comfortable, cool looking, easy rolling stroller, ridiculously portable narrow stroller, you don’t need to look anywhere. At 13 pounds, 17+ inches wide and its,  what I call, “magic” wheels, it is A JOY to roll around. Narrow streets, grocery store isles, amusement parks, sidewalks- it will fit everywhere! And as you can see in the video, it rolls on its own (I did not push it, I simply let it go {the video is sped up for effect})

Even though it’s light and portable, it still does take a car seat with an adapter, has a canopy extender, a cup holder, bumper bar, inside muff, and a parasol ( all optional accessories). The stroller comes with a rain cover and a mosquito net.

It has a really generously sized storage, canopy window, 5 point harness, adjustable footrest, shock absorbers, reclining back (3 months and up), simple fold and an incredible unfold ( you shake it open). It’s the only stroller I know of that can be unfolded with one hand while holding a baby. I tried – it’s awesome!

BUY IT: Emotion Stroller

SIDE BEDRAIL

IMG_3512

One of the ways we were able to continue co-sleeping past the immobile phase are these little handy things. It’s a side rail, plain and simple. Except for unlike other siderails, it’s cool looking, comes in variety of colors to match your room or your baby’s room, folds down with ease and is wicked long.

Best part – it’s portable, so if you’re a co-sleeping family that travels, SIDE is an absolute must. It installs easily by pushing these levers under the bed (and securing them on both sides) and folds down when not in use by ONE PRESS OF A BUTTON.

BUY IT: SIDE Bed Rail

ONFOUR BOUNCER

IMG_3572

Oh how I wish I knew about Babyhome’s Onfour from the beginning! Back when Lexi was small enough to use it. But I guess one can’t know about ALL the products out there, right?

It’s a bouncer that can be dragged from room to room by the handle using its front wheels. It can be easily used in the hot hot Florida by only leaving the mesh of the seat and detaching the fabric seat. It can be adjusted to different positions to sit or lay down.

Lexi has taken it upon herself to adapt the seat as her personal lounge to read books and watch animals videos on the iPhone. Good thing it takes up to 33 lbs.

BUY IT: ONFOUR Bouncer

DREAM COT

IMG_3569

Again like everything that babyhome has designed, Dream Cot is a portable, adjustable, lightweight baby cot (bassinet). It serves three functions: bassinet, rocker and a wheeled bed. You can change these  easily to fit your needs: from wheels to stationary to rocking legs. It’s incredibly portable and easy to assemble, includes a transport bag, breathable mattress pad and fitted sheet. This is a great alternative to a pack and play for those early month especially for a family on the go or one that doesn’t want to sacrifice style in their home, because admittedly most Pack-and-Play type of cribs out there are anything but stylish.

Kat
    April 15, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I know this has nothing to do with the post but we have the exact same rug as the last 2 pics 🙂

Dina
    April 15, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Lena! What about boon highchair? Which one you like more? I have boon but it’s still in a box and it’s too early for us to try any of them

April 16, 2013 at 1:01 AM

It’s all about what you need, Dina!

Boon chair is amazing! My review for it stands, but it fulfills different needs. If you’re short on space, or need to be moving the chair around a lot, or your baby doesn’t like being restrained too much ( Lexi is in that stage currently), the Boon might not work as well. These are two GREAT chairs, but they solve different problems when it comes to feeding. So go by your particular needs.

We use Babyhome chair outside. It’s absolutely perfect for that! Super light, can easily be taken outside and back, while you really gotta fight Boon to get it over the doorstep 🙂

You can take babyhome over to grandmas if needed or a friend’s house, or neighbors. Boon won’t be moved like that, it’s your permanent kitchen chair.

Irina
    April 15, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Not sure if you know, there is a recall on Eat chair – it is on the company website. Customers are supposed to stop using the product and request the repair kit – something you should probably mention in the post if you can…

I have a question regarding the dream sleeper – it is sturdy and is the “basinette” part of it colapsable in any way?

thanks –
    irina

April 15, 2013 at 6:41 PM

You didn’t read the post Irina, did you? Lol go look at the section about the chair 😛
      The bassinet is only collapsible if you remove the aluminum frame. It folds up and down not side to side. So if you’re concerned about the baby in it getting Hurt that way, it’s not an issue since the cot basically “hangs” off the frame.

Irina
        April 15, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I did read it, just did not notice the small disclaimer under the chair description, sorry. Either way, I am not interested in the chair – I love the boon. thanks for the response re: sleeper.

Lara
    April 15, 2013 at 11:37 PM

ADORABLE video. She is definitely a mover and a shaker! Do you know if the company does their best to avoid using toxic materials and chemicals? I know you’re usually very vigilant about that. I can check out the website of course but in case you know offhand, I thought I would ask 🙂

April 16, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I don’t believe they specifically DO NOT use chemicals. There are pretty much no company that has committed to that in all of their products ( Boon is different since they are plastic and not cloth). One thing they have going for them is pretty much everything is washable, which not something I can say for a lot of other brands. Like most strollers are sprayed with fire retardants and the seat is not removable.

As far as materials, pretty much all they use is aluminum (for frames) and polyester (I think it’s polyester, I have to look) for fabrics.

If you’re looking for specifically organic material, I am pretty sure Orbit is the only brand that does that.

Lara
        April 16, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Got it, thanks!

Stephanie
    April 16, 2013 at 6:37 AM

A stroller that rolls on its own? Seems much more like a safety hazard than a selling point. But maybe that’s just my opinion.

Corinne
      April 16, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Really?? I’m pretty sure it was pushed and the video is showing how nice and smooth it rolls. I doubt she was trying to say the stroller has auto pilot.

Corinne
        April 16, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Ah. Never mind. I see where you read that now.

Me
    April 16, 2013 at 1:23 PM

What happened to your latest post. I saw a new one posted yesterday but didn’t have time to read it..came back today and it is gone 🙁 Sadface.

RA
    August 24, 2013 at 5:50 AM

how do u like the babyhome emotion? pros and cons? we just ordered one in sand color. do u know if the stroller has fire retardants though? i dont even know why companies do that, thats absurd.

there is another brand of stroller thats really cool which is babyzen yoyo

August 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It’s an amazing stroller, so lightweight and easy to use. One of my favorites for sure.
      I don’t know about fire retardants. My guess is probably yes, so I washed the seat with soap and water before using it.

RA
    August 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM

thanks for reply. we get our emotion in mail on wednesday. does the fabric still look new after washing? im hoping it doesnt have retardants. there is no telling if washing removes the retardants or not but well probably do the same.

we were also on a quest for a car-seat without retardants. we bought cybex aton euro version but im not sure if that one has it or not but i know its a requirement for us one to have it. anwyay our next purchase would be quinny yezz. we like compact strollers. cant wait to try it..

August 25, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Yes, the fabric definitely still looks new. I don’t remember if we machine washed it or spot/hand washed it…
      If you’re looking for a car seat, check out my Clek feature or Maxi Cosi feature if money is an issue. Neither has fire retardants.

RA
    August 25, 2013 at 2:01 AM

i really like the clek feature… but i thought ITS THE LAW (stupid one imo) to have fire retardants in carseats in USA?? so how do maxi cosi and clek get around that?

thats one of the reason i went with a euro version. cause to my understand germany has no such laws. europeans seats usually are superior and have higher standards when it comes to safety or even unnecessary chemicals in fabrics.

if ur sure about these seats not having any retardents then, ill probalby pick one of these seats cause we are about to have our 2nd baby.

August 25, 2013 at 11:22 PM

It’s a law? I didn’t know it was. I am pretty sure it has to comply with fire retardant safety, but that doesnt have to be accomplished via BFR, but it could be fire resistant fabrics. I don;t know that for a fact, but that was my impression.

Check out healthystuff.org or email Clek directly.

RA
    August 26, 2013 at 11:16 AM

believe it or not, its the law. can you believe it? its so giant chemical, petroleum based companies can profit but thats a topic of its own, so id leave it alone. most euro countries have no such law but i think uk does. so id import one from there, thats what i did. there is a huge night and day difference in the fabric.

RA
    August 28, 2013 at 8:58 PM

i just got the stroller today, the ride is ridiculous. me and wifey love it. the suspension will blow away some of the more expensive strollers. highly highly recommend this product as a first time customer. BUY IT for the people thats wondering how good is this stroller.

Sheetal
    November 9, 2013 at 3:38 AM

Hi Elena. I know this question comes so long after you put this post up originally, but it’s only now that I’m actually looking at stroller options. I really like the portability of the emotion stroller, I just wanted to ask what your thoughts are on this stroller performing as a primary test roller. I know that it can work for newborns if I get a car seat adapter kit, but do you think that it would hold up to being the only stroller use? Considering that I’ll probably be moving around with baby on my own and hubby won’t be around to lug out a heavy stroller from the car, I’m looking for something that is as mum-friendly as possible for day to say use.

So I’d just like to know whether you, after having the opportunity to use this stroller, feel that it is suitable to use as a go-to stroller, or whether you would stiller prefer this to be the travel and portable stroller and have a more heavy duty one as well?

What I probably like least about this stroller is that there’s no parent facing option. I know with a car seat attached that would solve the problem. Considering the style and function and price, I don’t think that would put me off this stroller.

Finally I just want to say I love your blog and I’m so glad I came across it! I’m in South Africa and I’m always looking at what are the newest products available overseas and your blog is just invaluable when it comes to mommy and baby information!

November 11, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I would probably not use it as your main stroller for a newborn. A toddler – YES! it’s an amazing toddler stroller, so light, compact, narrow, easy to push. But for a newborn, I personally like something with more cushion and air filled tires like Mutsy. Something more solid.

But at the same time, if you can only have 1 stroller and you need something light, and the newborn stage is only a few month, you might be just fine with it.

Sheetal
    November 9, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Omg I swear I speak proper English – please mind the typos! I meant a “primary stroller” not a test stroller and “day to day use”!