6 Seconds is not enough

Our Vine videos from the beginning. It’s a bit slow in the beginning, but gets much cuter half way through.

Join us on Vine: The Art of Making a Baby

Nina
    March 20, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Elena,
    can you let me know what camera do you use and specifically which photoshop program? I would love to know how you organize and edit pics for Alexis. I have 2 little ones and I have hardly completed year 2 of the oldest! Yikes! She is now going 5 🙁
    You can also email me privately if you would like.
    Thanks

March 20, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I use Lightroom 4 for pretty much everything which includes organizing and editing. I am extremely behind on sorting through most pictures, so don’t feel bad. I at least try to go through recent ones and pick out favorites.

Maria
    March 20, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Love this video! Love watching Lexi grow. My daughter is 10 months and starting to cruise. I cannot wait until she is walking like Lexi! Question for you…I see you go out alot, like to the beach and other activities. How do you do naps and meals that day? Nap in the stroller? Does she still take 2 naps?

March 20, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Thank you, Maria! Walking has been amazing!

As far as food and naps on the go. Alexis WILL NOT nap anywhere except in my arms or on our bed, so stroller/car seat naps are so out of the question that they don’t exist in our world, period. She’s been taking 1 nap since 9-10 (???) months, but if her first nap happens to be super early we might squeeze in one very late nap, as well. SO I schedule everything before or after the nap. Classes are usually in the morning and all our normal activities after the nap. She will fall asleep at the beach in a tent and in my arms if we do go somewhere out of town.

Food can happen on the go, I usually bring the organic food pouches with us, a sippy cup, as well as a container of streamed broccoli, beans and corn or peas, since these are simple finger foods. If we have to, we’ll stop at a restaurant for a meal, but I try to avoid those.

I hope this helps 🙂

Jenny F
    March 20, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Lexi is so adorable! I have been following your blog since my LO was born 18 months ago and it’s great. I love this video. How exactly does vine work?

And a personal question if you don’t mind, when are you guys thinking of having another baby (if you are thinking of having another one at all)? How many kids do you guys want? Sorry if this has been addressed, I can’t recall reading about it!

March 20, 2013 at 7:33 PM

We hypothetically do want another kid, however at this time with our work load we just can’t imagine it. It definitely won’t be for another couple of years, if we do decide to have another. 2 is our goal, but I do have period of time when I think that more would be so much fun. Those are moments of insanity, clearly.

Vine: check it out (it’s an app), it’s pretty amazing. You record snippets of your day or whatever in 6 second videos.

laura
    March 20, 2013 at 3:07 PM

where are you on vine? cant find you!

Chelsea
    March 21, 2013 at 7:19 AM

LOVE this! What is that first song playing in the extended Vine video? Also, you mentioned that you use Lightroom for pictures – what software do you use to edit videos (like this one)?

So, so cute. Lexi is adorable and watching her grow is a lot of fun for your readers. 🙂

Ana O
    March 21, 2013 at 4:22 PM

SO cute. Love this. Definitely downloading Vine now. My favorite was Lexi putting the pink undies over her head…that’s the best part. Kids have such awesome curiosity! I love it!

Michelle
    September 4, 2013 at 10:50 PM

What is the name of those light blue and dark blue toys she was stacking? I saw them a while ago on your blog (I think???) and I can’t find them! I would love to buy them for my daughter.