This is what toddling looks like…

The long awaited walking videos.

As I wrote in the 11months post, Lexi started walking full time {with support} at 9 months and then with one hand + first independent steps at 10 months and then full on ran throwing our hands aside at 11 months.

Here is the progress video of what it all looked like.

I cannot believe what a chubster she was before she started walking (i.e. in the first shots)

And if you don’t want to waste time looking at how she arrived at walking, you can check out her toddling around for the last 2 weeks.

Complete with head shakes, belly rubs, flashcard kisses, stumbles, screams and lots of running and falling into things. Hit change quality to view it in HD or less fuzzy.

Tina
    January 21, 2013 at 9:35 AM

She is adorable! Time to start baby proofing!? πŸ™‚

emily
    January 21, 2013 at 10:22 AM

So beautiful!! Really amazing to watch πŸ™‚ She just looks so pleased and happy with herself there at the end of that first video πŸ™‚ Thanks!

Maribeth
    January 21, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Congratulations!

Katie
    January 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I loved these videos. I’ve been following your blog since your pregnancy and I love “watching” Lexi grow up. My baby girl is 20 months and it seems like so long ago that she was doing all these things. Enjoy! Now is when the real fun starts!

Corinne
    January 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM

So cute! She is so proud of herself, you can really see that. And the beanbag flop is the cutest thing!!

Ori
    January 21, 2013 at 1:02 PM

so cute!!!

Elena C.
    January 21, 2013 at 1:06 PM

LOVED IT!!!!! πŸ™‚

Kerry
    January 21, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Eeeekkkk so exiting!

Danielle
    January 21, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Adorable! How did you teach her how to clap? I have an 8 month old and have been trying to teach him but I’m not really sure how to go about it!

January 21, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Such a cute question!
      No I didn’t teach her. Clapping is something all kids pick up on their own between 9-12 months of age. Until then they usually don’t have the hand eye coordination to clap. I say usually because to our surprise Lexi started clapping at 6 months. So it’s possible.
      Just continue clapping in front of him and when he’s able, he’ll imitate you! :)))
      You could also sit him in your lap and clap his hands together if you’re really set on teaching him to clap. Sing songs and clap — you’ll both enjoy it.

Danielle
        January 21, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Patricia
    January 21, 2013 at 2:42 PM

So cute! I love all the videos you post, they always make me smile πŸ™‚

Anna Kochetkova
    January 21, 2013 at 4:14 PM

OMG she so older now!!!! πŸ™‚ LOOKING stunning!!!! :0

kat
    January 21, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Thoroughly enjoyed these videos! She’s so precious! πŸ™‚

Also…seeing her sign for sleep was pretty amazing. The things they want to tell us that we have no idea they’re thinking but can’t say…My baby is 7 months. I want to start teaching her those signs. When did you start, and how did you go about it? Thanks.

January 21, 2013 at 5:32 PM

It is ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE how much she understands! I mean I am shocked daily!

I am writing a baby sign post as we speak that will answer all those questions. Will post early next week!

Debra
    January 21, 2013 at 4:41 PM

super cute….she is getting so big ?

Natalia
    January 21, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Oh trouble! πŸ™‚ She is the sweetest!

Bettina
    January 21, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I have been following along since before you were pregnant and have always loved your blogs, and gosh Lexi is just growing up so much! I love this, I have watched both videos and she is adorable! Well done on all you are teaching her.

Kristy
    January 22, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Oh my goodness! She is so beautiful and so busy! It looks like she skipped walking and went straight to running. My little guy (Andrew πŸ™‚ ) is 21 months old and he loved the videos of Lexi. He clapped and waved and laughed through both of them. She is precious!

Laura W.
    January 22, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Ah, so sweet! I really miss these days. I LOVE the part in the video where your husband tenderly caresses her hair as she look up at him. Nothing better than a Loving Daddy and his baby girl!

Rachel
    January 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Aw! Go Lexi! So cute πŸ™‚ Lillian went straight to running also, though she didn’t start till more the usual age, around 13 months πŸ™‚
    That’s a cute idea to put the video clips together. If I ever find the time I’d love to do that too!

Elle
    January 22, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Such a sweet video! Very touching, thank you for sharing. I’m in the midst of morning sickness feeling like there’s no end in sight–this video was a great reminder that special moments like first steps will surely be worth all the nausea and temporary discomforts πŸ™‚ Can I ask, what do you use for filming and composing the clips?

January 22, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Ugh! Morning sickness- sorry!

I shoot with my mark II (usually pretty poorely because I’m so focused on Lexi rather than actually video taping. )
      I edit in Sony Vegas pro and platinum.

Elle
        January 22, 2013 at 8:22 PM

You’d never know, the shots look great. And you just gave me more reason to splurge on the mark II haha. πŸ™‚

Jenna
    January 25, 2013 at 1:50 AM

awww! I love how she claps while she walks! She is so proud of herself πŸ™‚ And how great is it that grandma was able to witness it in person?!