First swim in the ocean: Photo Post

As I mentioned in the post about our birthdays, the morning after my birthday fun, we woke up and hurried off to the beach before the sun got too high and too hot.

This was officially Lexi’s first dip in the ocean and I was super excited to see how she’d react. She absolutely loved the water. There were smiles and giggles and lots of splashing.

There’ s really not much more to say, it’s all captured in the photos below.

Alexis was literally MEZMERIZED by the ocean. She was just staring and staring at it. To get a 6 months old to sit still for a picture is impossible and yet I was getting shot after shot of her just looking at the waves, laughing and babbling.

Oh and it was her first time playing in the sand with her Green Toys BPA-free, Phthalates-free sand bucket and rake that she kept trying to eat.

{Playing with one of her favorite toys, Octopus by Lamaze}

No Comments

Bridget
    October 5, 2012 at 10:25 AM

What is Lexi sitting in at the reataraunt? We go out a lot, thankfully my LO is well behaved and loves to people watch. But he is outgrowing the infant car seat. I think he would love to sit at the table. Thanks!

Southern Wifey
    October 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM

aww she looks like she really enjoyed it! We still havent taken our 4month old to the beach yet, even though we only live 5 mins away. Ive just been to scared its going to be too hot. But I have a feeling hes going to absolutely love it!

the sweet life of a southern wife

Randi
    October 5, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Now that your adorable daughter is eating big people food, may I suggest http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000TVWIPU We have one and it makes going out so much easier!

Anna
    October 5, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Awwww so beautiful :-))))

Rockie
    October 5, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Love love love these pics of Lexi! Although I’m uber jealous that I’ll have to wait u til next year for beqch season with my little one πŸ™ I love her little bathing suit don’t say it’s from Russia! That pic of her gazing at the beach is priceless!

October 6, 2012 at 12:02 AM

ope not from Russia πŸ™‚ hahaha. My girlfriend gave it to her, so I have no clue where it is from!

Caroline
        October 6, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Target. My kid has the same one.

Chris
    October 6, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Hey! Are you right near The Moorings Beach in those pics? I was married on that beach at sunset almost 11 years ago πŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos. Really made my day and took me back in time. Makes me happy that you took Lexi for her first swim at one of my favorite places.

October 7, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Some of the comments may be missing from here due to the website transfer. I apologize for the inconvenience!

Pixie
    October 9, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Such a cute baby. She looks so happy!!!