Stepping Out Saturday

Last weekend we went to get some video shots done at the  local shopping mall and go grocery shopping. I attempted to do an “OUTFIT” shot, but as usual it was a challenge in our 90 degree heat with a baby who decided that grass is much more interesting than the camera in front of her. So that’s the best I’ve got.

I was also excited to finally wear my “going-home” dress with a matching romper for Alexis, now that she is big enough for it.

I am finding out that I almost always end up wearing nursing clothes (mostly Boob Design, because I am yet to find another nursing company with nice looking clothes) rather than normal clothes with a low neckline. It appears that most of my “low neckline” outfits are just not LOW enough to make it comfortable. Layering a nursing tank underneath isn’t an option since it’s really hot. So I am thinking that I might need to start looking for more nursing brands out there, sort of like I did with maternity. Because I am definitely not ok with resorting to simple tanks for the next 2 years. One can only pull of a wife-beater once or twice a week, I cannot live it them.

Elena: Boob Sailor Nursing dress
Alexis: Sailor Romper and Melondipity hair flower
Andrew: A&F polo and Express shorts

What is your favorite nursing clothing brand? What do you do for nursing clothes?

my honest answer
    June 9, 2012 at 1:12 PM

I’m not usually a fan of matching parent and child outfits, but this is actually quite cute!

Micaela
    June 9, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Love that dress and the fact that you two match. Cute!

Danielle Kowalski
    June 10, 2012 at 2:54 AM

I have been having a difficult time finding stylish, affordable nursing clothes as well. I feel like I live in nursing tanks when I am at hme during the week. I have found some maxi dresses at various stores that work relatively well for nursing, but no specific nursing brands. It drives me crazy every time I walk into my closet and see all of my pre pregnancy clothes that fit me once again, but are not breast feeding friendly 🙁

Ashley M. [at] (never home)maker
    June 10, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Love the dress, Elena! And so cute that you and Lexi match 🙂

Megan V
    June 10, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I was hoping you would have great suggestions for nursing clothes. I have nothing to wear now since nothing I own is easy to nurse in! I’ve been wearing the same two nursing tanks all week and am about to go crazy! I’ve searched the Internet and can’t find much!!

Lindsay
    June 10, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I gave up on nursing clothes after the first couple of months. I just wear regular clothes when nursing my toddler. The most you can see is a bit of my side. The only thing I have had trouble with is dresses because you can’t really lift them up. I wear jeans (live in northern minnesota) or skirts and a regular shirt with a nursing bra. It has worked out great and I can wear any clothes I want.

Lesley T.
    June 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Lexi is chubbalicious! I just want to pinch her adorable little cheeks!

Lauren
    June 12, 2012 at 9:37 AM

You three look great- Alexis so so cute! Quick question for you re: Boob Design. What kind of a bra do you wear underneath? I love the idea of these, and am thinking of picking up a few tanks before a trip in a few weeks. Do you just wear a regular nursing bra underneath? Thanks!

June 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I’ve tried it all to be honest. Sometimes I’ll wear a sleeping bra, sometimes one of the Boob bras, sometimes nothing if I know I won’t be leaking. Probably the best is to use a soft bra that you pull aside- that’s my preference.

Lauren
        June 12, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Great- thank you! I love the idea of the Boob Design pieces for their discretion, but wasn’t sure how to add a bra to the equation…a soft/sleeping type of bra is a good idea. Thank you!

Patty
    June 12, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Did you ever try button up clothing? It doesn’t have to specifically be nursing as long as there is easy access to the goods. I actually never owned any nursing clothing though, just lifted my shirt and away we went, baby covered my mid section and used a swaddle blanket to cover up if i felt exposed. I actually preferred lifting because then the top of my shirt still looked the same versus if i unbuttoned or pulled down, i felt very exposed then. Good luck in your search.

June 13, 2012 at 8:45 AM

That’s why I like boob! It doesn’t even look like you’re nursing. I don’t own many shirts that button up and hard to find tees or tanks that do- it’s only long sleeve structured shirts.

om
    June 14, 2012 at 8:02 PM

GLAMORMOM: amazing easy tanks that don’t even need a nursing bra… then some ultimo crossover tops or button-down henleys and you’re set 🙂

June 14, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I can’t have layers- it’s too hot! That’s been an issue all along. That’s why Boob works so wonderfully, but I’d like to find other nursing brands as well, just for variety.