Gender Reveal Video

So here it is guys!

You’ve been bugging me for 2 days Β (in the cutest way possible) to post the sex of our baby.

Yesterday we spent the whole day filming and going to the doctor’s appointment and then I stayed up till 4:30 am editing the gender reveal video ( not the smartest idea! lol).

So now it’s ready. It’s far from perfect, but to make it perfect, I would need a lot more time.

gender revealfeatured

A few notes before you watch:

• This video is intended mostly for friends and family, so it’s relatively long, but it shows the whole reveal process the way we experienced it.
  • It’s really personal, emotional and sappy and at times really dorky ( mostly on my part as usual)
  • The dorky parts really show me the way my friends know me.
  • I have so many bloopers from this video that you will definitely get a follow up gag reel. ( i only included one blooper in this video. at the end.)
  • The ultrasound technician said she was 100% sure of the sex of the baby ( and later looking at the ultrasound, there’s no doubt! )
  • No, we’re NOT REALLY painting the baby room that particular color.

I am aware Β that my “bawlfest” sounded like “ballfest” and my husband and I spent good 30 minutes laughing our butts off at that.

And I will be writing my 19 week update in a few days, but the baby was perfect and healthy.

SEE BLOOPER VIDEO HERE

Lana
    September 2, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Congratulations! Little girls are wonderful!

Captivus
    September 2, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Congrats! LOVED this video!!!!

7x7xMommy
    September 2, 2011 at 10:46 PM

I totally want to copy you the next time we have a baby and do something similar. It was SO thoughtful, SO adorable, and SO genuine…thanks for sharing with us (I even saw my husband tear up) – congrats! Abby will have a friend!!!

September 6, 2011 at 2:20 PM

This is definitely the best way to find out but I also didn’t realize that how important the video will have become for me afterwards. Every time I watch it it’s like I relive it all over again. You guys should definitely do a reveal next time ( which I hear might be pretty soon!!!!)

7x7xMommy
        September 6, 2011 at 2:38 PM

haha…we’ll seeeee (fingers crossed!). πŸ™‚

Schaneon
    September 2, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Congrats on your little girl! That was the best gender reveal I’ve seen!

Olgetta
    September 2, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Lena!!!!OMG!I cant see my keyboard cause my eyes are fool of tears!I’m so touched with everything I saw!
    GIRL!!!!OMG!!!You are so happy!!!
    It is really Art all what you do even finding out the sex of baby! Its really honor that you share this video with us.
    Do not have words….just happy tears for you!
    I want girl too!!!!
    …after 10 minutes
    CONGRATULATIONS!You are pure inspiration!

Olgetta from Paris

7x7xMommy
      September 2, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Where’s the “Like” button for Olgetta’s comment?!? That was adorable. πŸ™‚

September 6, 2011 at 2:19 PM

7x7xmommy is right, your comment is adorable Olya! And you’re too sweet! I can’t wait to hear you’re pregnant with a girl too, a few years from now.

Olgetta
        September 6, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Thnak you, Len!:)
        I want twins cause I’m lazy,but more then anything else I want a girl!

Melody Kulifaj
    September 3, 2011 at 1:27 AM

So excited for your two, I started readying your blog just as you found out that you were pregnant and it’s pretty cool since your two weeks ahead of me, so I get to see what I can look forward to you.

I guessed girl on your sidebar so I am glad I was right!!!!

I can’t wait till Sept 20 when I find out what I am having, I would be thrilled either way but secretly excited for a girl!

Michelle
    September 3, 2011 at 2:50 AM

Elena!! I’m so happy for you!!!!! I think I even had tears, lol. Little girls are so much fun, so many pretty dresses and hair styles and dolls, (but they can be real little diva’s too, haha!)
    Such a great video, thank you for sharing πŸ™‚ I can’t wait to see the nursery all set up! Best of luck with the remainder of your pregnancy xx

Nastia
    September 3, 2011 at 4:34 AM

Leeeeeeeena!!!!!!!!!!!!!CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I’m seating in front of my laptop and crying too;))) It’s so great,your video is great!!!!So touchable…
    i want to have a girl in future too!
    pozdravlyauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu,pravda iskrenne rada za vas!!!!!!!!!

Megan
    September 3, 2011 at 1:17 PM

Wow, totally cried like a dork, and my husband walked in and looked at me weird.
    Congrats on the girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Little girls are so much fun to prepare for!
    I had the same symptoms, and my Chinese calendar said a boy too. Maybe the Chinese are having an off year? πŸ™‚
    I’m so happy for you, and your husband.

September 6, 2011 at 1:55 PM

I don’t believe in Chinese calendars or old wives tales, but it was fun to compare πŸ™‚ Yay for our girls!

Lady
    September 3, 2011 at 1:38 PM

that is so cute. Did you have someone holding the camera or did you set it up yourselves?

September 6, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Thanks πŸ™‚
      I shoot all our photos and videos ourselves. We use tripod to prop the camera and a remote to trigger it. It’s challenging and time consuming, but very well worth it in the end.

Debra Heschl Photography
    September 3, 2011 at 1:54 PM

I am so incredibly happy for you two!! I have twin girls & they are wonderful..even though my baby boy will a;ways be my baby, girls are just FUN!! Have a great time shopping for dresses, ribbons & bows!! Congratulations!! btw, I love how you are documenting your pregnancy..absolutely beautiful:)

Anie
    September 3, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Congratulations, and this was a sweet video!

Katie
    September 3, 2011 at 6:37 PM

I just love this video! It’s so happy, I watch it with a big old smile on my face! Congrats again on the baby girl. I totally knew you were having a girl-haha! Now I can’t WAIT to see what clothes you start buying, and how you decorate! So much fun, enjoy your preparations for your little princess!!!! Also, I loved putting a voice to you! And, your voice is beautiful, just like you!

September 6, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Aaaaawww thank you so much! I am already buying stuff- very hard to keep from doing that. But I think I’m gonna slow down πŸ™‚ lol

Debby
    September 3, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Awww what a great reveal! Congrats on your baby girl!!

Liz from Boston
    September 3, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Im not sure how I came across your blog but I’ve been reading it for the last month or two – and really love reading about your pregnancy and comparing it to my own (11 weeks today). I loved watching the gender reveal video and since have considered finding out the sex of the baby before delivery – I was planning to wait. Either way – this video is a special treasure to have and look back on years to come. Thanks for sharing!

September 6, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Thank you and wow that’s awesome that you’re now considering finding out. To us it was 100% worth- it made it all real and filled with love. And the surprise of a reveal was the most exciting and emotional thing I’ve experienced in a long time!

Darlene
    September 3, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Congratulations! That was an awesome video and your reaction was priceless! πŸ™‚

Jeane
    September 4, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Congratulations on having a baby girl!!!

That is the cutest thing I have seen in a VERY long time!!!! Such a great idea!!!

Allison
    September 4, 2011 at 1:54 AM

Congrats!! That is such a cute way to find out the gender!

Natalia Deymonaz
    September 4, 2011 at 6:45 PM

OMG!!! I knew it! hahha jk I really thought you are having a boy))) Knowing how much you wanted a girl, I’m soooo happy for you and your reaction at the end of this video totally put me in tears. Congratulations to you both!!! So happy!!!

elena prikhodko knapp
    September 4, 2011 at 6:50 PM

congrats guys!!!

Victoria
    September 4, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Congrats! I have two boys who I love with all my heart but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want a girl someday!

-Victoria

lena
    September 5, 2011 at 12:59 AM

So, so, so happy for you two. I love how you made this so special and someday can show your little girl how excited you were for her. The dancing at the end? The best part. Congrats!!!!!

mirandah
    September 5, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Oh congratulations girl! That video was so cute… your crying made me cry.

Ambrosia
    September 6, 2011 at 11:36 AM

That was incredible! I was in tears! Im so excited for you! I have 3 sons…and like your husband says, I was chasing a girl! I stopped at 3 boys, and no girl. But they are all the most perfect little blessings <3 Congrats!!!

September 6, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Thank you, Ambrosia! That’s exactly why we wanted a girl first- kind of get it out of the way πŸ™‚ haha Plus a million other reasons! But your boys are precious, in the end they’re all your children! You love them equally.

Jenna
    September 6, 2011 at 1:04 PM

I’ve enjoyed reading your blog for a while now, since since the “pre-conception” time. I want to congratulate you on your pregnancy and on having a GIRL! My little girl is 5 now and I can’t believe how fast the time has gone. Children are always blessings, each in their own special way, but my little girl has captured my heart, as I’m sure your little one soon will. May you always know how blessed you are. Best Wishes for the future of your Family,
    Jenna

September 6, 2011 at 2:32 PM

WOW! That’s a long time! I only know a few people who have been here since pre-conception πŸ™‚

Thank you so much for your wishes!!!

Iva
    September 6, 2011 at 1:50 PM

OMG!! Congrats!!! Even my eyes filled with tears and I haven’t even met you guys in person πŸ˜€ Wow, that’s exactly what you wanted, so happy for you! πŸ™‚

And what an awesome way to find out! You two are quite the couple I must say πŸ™‚ I think I’ve only seen you and your hubby in pictures and I think this is the first video I can actually see you two together. I’m not sure if that even makes sense haha but he looks so supportive and so in love with you and the baby πŸ™‚ It’s such a sweet video! Congrats once again πŸ™‚

September 6, 2011 at 2:22 PM

That’s so sweet of you to say! And Andrew is the best guy ever! I’m so in love with him!

BTW, i still haven’t given up on meeting you one day!

asummersett
    September 7, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Awesome video. Congratulations on having a GIRL!

punam
    September 9, 2011 at 4:58 PM

OHHH YAY! We are both having girls! I loved watching your reaction – Congratulations! She’s gonna be a beauty!!

Selfie Magic Selfie Saturdays Week 29 – 2 Selfies Today
    September 9, 2011 at 9:41 PM

[…] shot below was taken next to the pink painted spot, when we found out our little baby is a girl. We’re actually painting the room lavender, but before we covered up that spot, I wanted to […]

jill
    September 16, 2011 at 1:45 AM

oh. my. goodness. that was the sweetest video! i got so teary eyed! how exciting!! i cant help but think about your daughter having this special video to watch when she is older! so happy for you!!

h
    September 22, 2011 at 8:39 AM

What a cute blog! It’s very well done. Glad I stumbled upon it. Congrats on your baby girl, I have one, and you will love having a girl. She is lucky to have such a creative and organized momma too- what a treasure this blog will be for her to looks back on!!

September 22, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Thank you so much! I am over the moon over having a girl. I always look at mommies with little girls and my heart breaks- so much fun!

Ashley
    September 23, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Did you shoot the video with a function on your DSLR, or with a seperate video recorder? That was beautiful. You should do a blog post teaching people how to put videos together like that. What a gift!

September 23, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Thank you, Ashley!
      I shot it with the DSLR. I do have a separate HD camcorder, but while it’s MUCH harder to shoot videos with a DSLR due to no auto focus function, I just can’t sacrifice the movie like quality.

Emma
    September 25, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Hello, I am not sure if the comment I just wrote disappeared or not, but here is what I said: absolutely adorable video! I have a four year old daughter and a five month old son, and your video brought back lovely memories of being pregnant. You are a beautiful couple, and this was such a thoughtful and cute idea for the gender reveal. Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy!

September 26, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Emma, thank you SO MUCH! It was such a HUGE day for us! I can’t imagine what it will be like to finally meet our little girl!!!
      Thanks for your wishes!

Selfie Magic Selfie Saturdays Week 32
    October 1, 2011 at 1:22 PM

[…] Before I was able to do that, I had hubby put handprints on my shirt with the paint we used for gender reveal. It took forever to dry and that is why I am posting so late. (just an FYI, I am painting while […]

Sara
    October 6, 2011 at 1:12 AM

Congratulations on your baby girl

Bee
    October 6, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Congratulations!

I loved the idea of how you found out the gender and the video. I cried with you!

Amanda {at} DAES of Our Lives
    October 7, 2011 at 8:20 AM

Is this the most amazing way to reveal your baby’s gender? Why yes, it is! OMG I love it!

Surprised in WV
    October 7, 2011 at 4:09 PM

So happy for you that it’s gonna be a girl! For a second there, I thought your husband was going to reveal something. Guess we’ll have to wait for reveal #2!!

Jess
    October 12, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Oh my goodness! Watching this I got excited right along with you. What an AMAZING way to find out and reveal the gender of your baby to friends and family. Congratulations!!!!! πŸ™‚

meg @thekissypearl
    October 17, 2011 at 5:38 PM

This is adorable – I may have cried a bit !!
    Congratulations πŸ˜€

MallorieOwens
    October 28, 2011 at 2:21 PM

OMG what a cute way to tell family and friends and to find out for yourselves…I’ll have to remember this πŸ™‚ Teared up a bit when you were opening it. So sweet…new follower!

Angel
    November 12, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Love love love! I had tears rolling!

JodiFaye
    November 14, 2011 at 4:23 PM

That is SO fun!!!

TheBestofBothWorlds
    November 16, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Love the video! This was such an awesome way of finding out! Very cute idea. Your adorable and so so happy at the end!!!

The Art of Making a Baby » Blog Archive 2nd Trimester Recap: Expected and Unexpected | The Art of Making a Baby_The Art of Making a Baby
    November 16, 2011 at 9:30 PM

[…] our baby. But it was more impatient childishΒ curiosityΒ thanΒ anything else. We had planned to have the reveal in a slightly less traditional way and had the u/s technician write it down on a piece of paper to […]

Crystal - Prenatal Coach
    December 29, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Awww what a cute video!

Katie Schoepflin
    January 10, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Oh my goodness, this announcement was absolutely adorable. Reminded me of my husband’s reaction to when we found out we were having a girl, and being super preggo at this point it had me in a bawlfest myself. Super cute! Congratulations!

11440003977367738359
    February 12, 2012 at 3:37 PM

The video was sooo cute! I was so excited for you and I dont even know you hahaha!

Tamara
    March 3, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Bless your heart. This was amazing πŸ™‚

Niki
    May 1, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I am very early in my 2nd pregnancy and this video has me in tears! This is such an awesome experience to have on video for the rest of your lives. Thank you for sharing with us.

Amy Sites
    June 3, 2012 at 10:38 AM

So beautiful! What a creative and touching way to find out what you are having! May I ask on on the technical side, what did you use to shoot your videos?

Liz
    June 6, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I just found your blog on Top Baby Blogs and I LOVE this gender reveal video…you two are so cute and this was such a neat idea! Can’t wait to read more of your blog!

Stacy J
    June 22, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Thanks for the “ballfest”! πŸ™‚

I was far too impatient to do a gender reveal! We are having a boy and i was guessing ‘boy’ while we were still looking at the umbillical cord! Hehe.

Beautiful video though and congratulations on your baby girl! (Although i realize she’s here now!)

Arianna
    July 18, 2012 at 1:48 PM

This might be the best thing I have seen, ever. πŸ™‚

Bailey
    July 30, 2012 at 1:58 PM

So, I’ve just recently joined your blog in the past couple months. And I just came across this. Even though I obviously already knew Alexis is a girl, I cried right along with you! This was a beautiful way to tell people the sex of the baby! I’ll say congratulations, even though this was almost a year ago haha

Ashley
    September 21, 2012 at 4:27 PM

So I was completely in awe of your gender reveal and we were doing something similar. It was funny because after I saw your blog I was telling my husband and friends how cute it was how emotional it was for you guys and I was saying how I didnt think I could get emotional like that. WELL I was proved wrong we had our reveal last night: http://bpbun.blogspot.com/ and it was such a complete shock and emotional (as you can see in the video) that I had to come and tell you πŸ™‚ xoxo

September 21, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Hahahaha that’s funny, because before the gender reveal I didn’t think it was that big of a deal to get so emotional or cry. And like you, I just didn’t realize….

Corinne
    July 3, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I love this! I can’t help but get emotional when I see others get emotional. And, with also having a girl (and wanting a girl but not wanting to admit it to myself for fear of being disappointed) I can really relate to your excitement! And it’s just so much fun isn’t it? If/when we have another, I definitely want to find out the sex and do a reveal of sorts. Our girlie was a surprise :]

Jessica
    September 15, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I randomly came across your blog and this video while I was searching for inspiration for my 25 week “bump” picture. This video was absolutely beautiful and I just wanted to tell you thank you for sharing!

Daniella
    January 30, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Just came across your blog and this video, so adorable! A very belated congrats!

Top 10: Gender Reveal Ideas | The Herbal Healing Mama