It’s time!

I’ve been postponing this announcement for way too long. So instead of trying to gear up for a long post with all kinds of details, I’m just going to throw it out there.

We’ve known for a month now. I’m currently almost 7 weeks. And I promise all the details ( every single one of them) are coming. I just need to learn to find the motivation to blog with this yucky nausea (which, believe me, is hard). So I figured that if I keep waiting to write a big post to announce it, it’ll never happen. Instead, I’ll be taking it step by step, with this being the first one. YAY!

Shalay Peterson
    June 7, 2011 at 2:50 PM

YAY YAY YAY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS ELENA!! I thought (hoped) that might be the announcement when you said you had one!!!! That is so wonderful!! Also, I wanted you to know that you have inspired me to start getting prepared and learning as much as I can before we start trying (in a little more than a year)! Thanks so much!! You rock!! I am so excited to follow along during your pregnancy!! CONGRATS!!!

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews
    June 7, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Congrats! How exciting : )

Ambrosia
    June 7, 2011 at 3:15 PM

YAY!!!!!!
    I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO so happy for you!
    I cant wait to follow along on your pregnancy journey!!!
    I just now you will be the cutest preggo ever!

Kayla
    June 7, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Congratulations! Oh I’m so excited for you both! Congratulations Congratulations!!!

Ashley Sisk
    June 7, 2011 at 3:44 PM

That’s some mad baby making skills! How exciting! Congratulations.

Eliza
    June 7, 2011 at 3:52 PM

What wonderful happy news. Best wishes to you throughout your pregnancy!

Jaymi
    June 7, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Congrats Elena! That is so exciting!

Verna
    June 7, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Yayaya! So excited for you both!! Congratulations!! ((HUG))

Natalia Deymonaz
    June 8, 2011 at 1:36 AM

🙂 I had a big smile as I read your post. So very happy for you and… damn that was fast! lol 😉

Elena @ Art of Making a Baby
      June 9, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Nat, hahah thanks! You girls are all way ahead of me… I remember about a year ago asking your about your birth story and here I am preggers myself.
      that was fast, it was a bit of a shock to me. Though hubby was sure he was gonna “get me knocked up” the first month :0 haha

Galina
    June 8, 2011 at 5:03 AM

OMG!!!
    this it great news!!!
    Congrats!

Amanda
    June 8, 2011 at 9:36 AM

yay!!! congrats! i’m so happy for you two i teared up! =)

Sandra
    June 8, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Congratulations! But shouldn’t you be inside??

PS
    June 8, 2011 at 11:24 AM

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! CHEERS TO A HEALTHY AND SAFE PREGNANCY!!!!!!! ?

bekkah
    June 8, 2011 at 11:30 AM

such wonderful news…congratulations!!!

Emily B.
    June 8, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Congratulations! Looks like doing your research and being well-prepared has already started to pay off… you guys got pregnant FAST! That is wonderful, you were very obviously ready for this next stage of your baby making process. Best of luck to you and I look forward to reading as you grow that little babe 🙂

Elena @ Art of Making a Baby
      June 8, 2011 at 11:54 AM

It definitely appears so. We didn’t expect it to happen the first time we try, that’s for sure!
      And thank you!
      More details coming up!

veronika
    June 8, 2011 at 12:58 PM

so happy for you both!!!! 🙂 thanks for visiting my blog today 🙂 I’m sure you’ll be wearing lots os awesome loose tops as your belly grows!

-Veronika from VeronikasBlushing.com

Elena @ Art of Making a Baby
      June 9, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Thanks, Veronika! I read your every post, it’s just hard to comment in my condition right now 🙂 I can’t wait for loose tops 🙂

Irina
    June 8, 2011 at 2:29 PM

Elena, congrats!!! Such good news!! Very happy for you!

(I changed my email address, can you see it? If not let me know, I’d like to stay in touch!)

7x7xMommy
    June 8, 2011 at 2:35 PM

congrats, dear! abby and I are SO excited for you guys!!! 🙂

Jessi
    June 8, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Congrats! Hope the nausea goes soon. Mine didn’t til about 20 wks

Elena @ Art of Making a Baby
      June 8, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Agh! Really? I can’t say mine is horrible, but it’s definitely no fun and I’m looking forward to the 2nd trimester. The hardest thing is not being able to cook or think of food. i’m not sure hubby can last as a family cook for 20 weeks 🙂 lol

Michelle
    June 8, 2011 at 6:04 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I’m so excited for you! Looking forward to following you on your pregnancy journey 🙂 And seeing some belly shots 😀

I really hope the nausea goes away soon, isn’t it awful?! I had Hyperemesis with both pregnancies which meant I had my head in the toilet 24/7 for 9 months 🙁 So hubby had to fend for himself the entire time, lol.

Elena @ Art of Making a Baby
      June 9, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Michelle, I’ve already taken some belly shots and I don’t even have a belly, just some bloat 🙂 haha
      Honestly, I cannot imagine how you managed with hyperemisis and then had the courage to have another baby. You really need a medal – having horrible nausea for 9 months…twice… that’s a heroic deed!

Candace
    June 8, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Congrats Elena! I’ve been following your blog for awhile now and I’m so happy to hear the news about your pregnancy! What an exciting time for you and your husband. I’m sure you don’t always think that when you’re feeling so nauseas, but it’ll all be worth it when you have your beautiful baby. 🙂 I’ve learned a lot from reading your blog and as I prepare to start a family in the next couple years, you’ve helped me to think of several things I hadn’t considered before. Can’t wait to hear more details about your pregnancy!

Jennifer
    June 8, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Congrats! And while I did develop a close personal relationship with the toilet throughout my pregnancy I did find that mint and lemon would at times ease the issue. Best of luck and I look forward to following your pregnancy journey.

Bevin
    June 8, 2011 at 11:23 PM

Yay! When I got this post in my email, before I even opened it I had a feeling this was it. That is so exciting! With all the planning that you guys did…you definitely deserved to get it the first time. =D

Miranda
    June 9, 2011 at 4:11 AM

Yay! Congratulations! This is so exiting!

Monica
    June 9, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Congratulations! It seemed like you hadn’t posted anything for a while (compared to usual), so I was wondering… 🙂 I know you will be a wonderful mommy!

Ashley
    June 9, 2011 at 4:46 PM

I knew it! When you stopped posting I knew it had happened. Keep us posted! Congrats! XO

Lana
    June 10, 2011 at 2:18 PM

Hey,sweetie! Amazing news! You are already the best mommy you can be, this baby is a very lucky baby to have both of you as parents! Can’t wait to hear entire story. Raising a happy and healthy baby is a challenge of it’s own, you manage to have fun doing it as well. Love

Olgetta
    June 10, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Even we were chating today and you mentioned that you are pregnant I didnt get it clearly.
    Now I m reading posts I missed and I feel so happy for you!!!
    It seems only yesterday I subscribed for this blog….and oooups suddenly you are already done!

Will try to back to the very beggining and try to learn some lessons for myself.

Very happy for you Elena and I do think that you deserve to have everything happen whatever you planned!

Olga

Selfie Magic Anonymous Link up and Belly Love!
    June 10, 2011 at 10:32 PM

[…] read my personal blog, hubby and I are expecting our first baby. You can read/see the announcement here. So I thought it was very fitting for this week to take a picture of my growing (or mostly bloated) […]

Rebekah
    June 11, 2011 at 12:44 AM

I’ve been following your blog for about a month. I thought you were pregnant while reading the posts so when I read the title of this post I thought the ‘announcement’ would be the gender! Now I am re-reading the posts and realizing they were about becoming pregnant! Anyway – congratulations — the picture you and your husband is really cute.

Elena @ Art of Making a Baby
      June 12, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Hahahha I totally understand your confusion. I was writing so much about pregnancy in general-it was easy to get an idea that I’m already preggo.

And thank you!

amanda
    June 11, 2011 at 6:47 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! 🙂

babymama
    June 11, 2011 at 8:37 AM

Elena,

SO excited and happy to hear this news!!!!!

Congratulations!

xo
    babymama

casey
    June 11, 2011 at 9:40 AM

CONGRATS Elena!!!! I am beyond happy for you two. Having a child has been the most incredible journey I could have ever imagined. Seeing a little person that you and your hubby created in your arms will change your heart forever. I look forward to hearing all about your pregnancy journey and I pray for a healthy one for you!!

Also think it’s awesome that you and the hubs have so many years together under your belts before having a kiddo. A great way to start a family in my opinion!! SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

Elena @ Art of Making a Baby
      June 12, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Thank you, Casey! We loved spending 8 years together, and honestly would spend 8 more without having a baby if it was at all possible. We just have too much fun. I think it’s very important to wait for as long as you can before having a baby while building the right kind of relationship and strong ties to each other.

Jamie Rubeis
    June 11, 2011 at 1:08 PM

YAAAAYYYY!!! I am so excited for you guys. Congratulations. That happened so fast! I am so sorry you have the nausea already! I totally know your pain. But hopefully, it will pass for you after the first trimester. I can’t wait to follow along with you on this journey. GREAT NEWS!!!!

Christine
    June 11, 2011 at 3:15 PM

Congratulations! That is really exciting! I hope you start to feel better soon so you’re not continually floored with your nausea and other things! 🙂

Carolyn
    June 11, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Congratulations Elena!!!!! I am seriously THRILLED for you! Isn’t it the greatest? I know the nausea isn’t. But BEING pregnant is. I remember I looked at my test several times through the next few weeks to make sure I really did see 2 lines. 🙂 I didn’t ever believe I was truly pregnant until I saw the ultrasound! I can’t wait to hear your stories and to see you through your pregnancy! Many hugs to you my dear!

Elena @ Art of Making a Baby
      June 12, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Carolyn, thank you, sweety! It truly is an amazing time. Unbelievable time. I’ve known for 4 weeks now, so i’ve gotten used to the idea, but the first few weeksn I kept re-testing to make sure I’m still preggo and it wasn’t a fluke. 🙂

Karli
    June 12, 2011 at 9:06 PM

ELENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did I miss this????!!! Oh my goodness…congratulations! That was quick, huh?! I thought I had subscribed to your family blog, but for some reason I was only getting your Selfie Magic blog. When you mentioned nausea on your post…I was like WAIT…did I miss something? OK, I’m adding this blog again to my feed…don’t know what happened. Congrats congrats CONGRATS!!!! XOXO

Dana
    June 13, 2011 at 4:47 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! can’t wait to see all your updates! you must be soooo excited!

xo
    dana

Elle
    June 13, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Congratulations! Sounds like you are getting two for the price of one 🙂 I can’t wait to hear the rest of your story. That was so fast and is so exciting. What brand of BBT thermometer did you use? I should start tracking since I have VERY irregular periods (every 27-50 days and I have a copper IUD which doesn’t change your cycle so it is just how my body works I guess) and we want to start trying in a year. Actually I want a baby now, but I am starting graduate school at Stanford next year while hubs works on his Ph.D. so probably now is not the best time :-). Are there any website you used to track ovulation?

Elena @ Art of Making a Baby
      June 13, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Elle, thank you so much! As far as thermometers, I was using the standard Up&up target brand basal thermometer. You should definitely start tracking BBT, maybe you’ll actually see a pattern. Otherwise, ovulation predictors could work for you.
      I used an iPhone app called Love Diary in conjunction with the Fertility from What to expect app. They both really helpe me. The love diary is absolutely amazing, it was great having it on my phone. Definitely recommend!

And you’re doing right by waiting to have kids. Baby making will always be there, but carreer and education will become very difficult with a baby. And once you get pregnant, that’s it, there’s no way back :). My husband and I waited 8 years to have a baby, for no good reason other than that we wanted to spend as much time together as possible and find a place where we want to stay, buy a house there, get our business established…. It’s never a good time to have a baby, but i think there’re certain things that still need to be done before a baby comes into play. And trust me- the last thing you’ll wanna do is study when you’re sick as a dog- take it from me 🙂
      Sorry, I’m rambling…I’m just a HUGE proponent of waiting to have kids.

kimmie