Me then, me now!

Sharing is caring!

I hope that when we have a little girl, I’ll be able to recreate this photo once again, this time with my own daughter.

Me then me now

One of the times when my mom was visiting ( she lives 3000 miles away), we re-created one of our favorite old photos of the two of us. I think we did a good job finding matching clothes and tying my hair in a way that it looks short. I look so young there.

It’s funny how life is, there I was a cute 4 year old, and now I am happily married and trying to start our own family so that soon we have our own 4 year old sitting just at cutely at my knee. I love my mom!

BTW, in three week I’ll be holding a Selfie Saturday challenge with the  same theme: ME THEN, ME NOW. This way all of us will get a chance to recreate our favorite moments.

Photobucket

Sharing is caring!

nikki
    May 9, 2011 at 11:12 AM

love this…what a moment…all the best in your journey to recreating it with your baby girl soon! xo nik

Jamie Rubeis
    May 9, 2011 at 1:59 PM

I love this. It is so sweet. I have never tried to recreate a photo before. That is really cool.

Gina
    May 9, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Beautiful photo Elena! I love that relationship you that you were able to capture in this. The dynamic between you is amazing!

amy@agoodlife
    May 11, 2011 at 1:42 AM

what an awesome pic. you’ll totally be able to re-create it down the road!! but what if you have a boy…?? 😉

Ray
    May 11, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Great shots!
    Thanks for linking up!

Jessa
    May 12, 2011 at 3:46 PM

We attempted to recreate a photo of my grandparents with all the cousins, but of course we’re never all together. And then there are 5 that weren’t around when the original was taken. Regardless we managed to get a pretty good sized group together in 2007 and I have that photo hanging up in my kitchen. Found you through FTLOB.

casey
    May 13, 2011 at 7:54 AM

This is awesome! Hey, have you ever heard of the photographer who recreates old pictures with the same people, wearing the exact same things and in as similar a setting as possible? IT is fascinating to see the people older now but, in the same poses. I would love to try this too! Awesome!! Yes, you will have a little one in your lap before long!!

Elena @ Art of Making a Baby
      May 13, 2011 at 9:02 PM

yes, I think I saw those shots somewhere! They’re fabulous! It really is a lot of fun to compare the two!

Lynda
    May 13, 2011 at 12:03 PM

What a wonderful idea! I love the similarity of these shots and to see the difference so many years can make.

Flower Photography
    May 14, 2011 at 4:16 AM

I love shots like this comparing 🙂