Impromptu Shoot at the House

I used to be a crazy photographer. I have 45,000 pictures from the last 2-3 years and don’t even have a baby to photograph. This year I’ve slowed down with my picture-taking, so when I woke up after Thanksgiving ready to shoot something, it was an urge I could resist, to my husband’s chagrin.

We got ready to go get some Black Friday shopping done, happened to put on matching outfits, and after a quick look in the mirror , I knew who my next photography victim was going to be. Since i stopped maniacally taking pictures, we haven’t taken any fun/good family photos in the past year. So I dragged A. around the house  like a mad woman armed with a tripod, a nifty-fifty and a Mark II. The result was a bit better than expected.

Here are some of them:

Natalia Deymonaz
    November 28, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Love how you both look in second photo. Pretty soon you’ll have mostly baby pictures! lol

What do you use the most for self-portraits: timer or remote? I find myself running around like crazy with the timer…

E
      November 28, 2010 at 1:01 AM

Thank you! Yeah, I will attempt to keep baby photos within a reasonable amount, but I doubt that can really happen.

I shoot with a remote. However, believe it or not, I SOMEHOW misplaced all 3 remotes I had, so this shoot had to be done with a timer. And I HATE that… though IT IS a good work out 🙂 lol
      I need to find my remotes or buy a new one. They’re really cheap and sooo worth it.

Irina
    November 28, 2010 at 2:53 AM

Just stopping by to say “hello” from California! Loving the blog. Good luck in your pursuit! What an exciting time it must be for you, guys!!

E
      November 29, 2010 at 8:49 AM

Thanks, Irina! Hope to see you here often!

Amanda
    November 28, 2010 at 2:33 PM

These are so adorable! You are such a good looking couple, & I love your home! The swing chairs outside are part of my dream house, along with all the pretty potted flowers!

So glad I found your cute blog — thanks for participating in my “Saturday Around The World” blog party!! It’s great to have you! Have a wonderful week!

-Amanda

E
      November 29, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Ohhh, that’s so sweet! Thank you!
      The swing chairs are my favorite part of the house. We bought them in Key West ( though you can order online). I love them so much I want one in our bedroom, so that I can read in it, when i don’t want to be outside, but hubby won’t let me.

Ashley Sisk
    November 28, 2010 at 8:54 PM

I am so glad to bump into you! You have a beautiful blog and amazing photos. I feel as though I may be living a similar life so I can definitely relate to you. We’re probably going to start trying to have a baby next year…and I can’t wait! I just added you to my reader and I look forward to getting to know you better. I also added you as a contact on flickr. You’re so inspiring!

E
      November 29, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Thank you, Ashley! I was happy to find your blog as well. We do seem to have a lot in common. I added you back on Flickr, and will continue reading your blog. Welcome!

Kat
    October 13, 2011 at 11:52 AM

LOVE these! I definitely do not take enough of an advantage of my tripod and mostly end up being in about 2 pictures total (since I’m the “photographer” at our house). Do you use a remote? That’s my best investment.

October 13, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Yeah I definitely use a remote. I’ve been doing self-portraits for years now and can’t work without my remote and a tripod.
      I’m not sure if you know about my photography blog. I used to hold weekly tutorials on how to take self-portraits.